Leicester face questions about FFP

It's all bollocks. But we still monumentally ****ed it up.

Isn’t that where a rolling 3 season aggregate falls over?

Say in 3 seasons you go over the threshold, you get punished.

In the 4th season you act drastically and get rid of virtually all your debt, but the amount of the 2 preceding seasons still take you over the threshold, so you get charged, even though you have done as much as you physically can.

In my eyes that is not right.

It's entirely possible that we'll have points deductions for the next five seasons. I don't know how we get under allowable losses whilst carrying the costs we do in a shorter timespan.

When the headlines become points deductions, rather than about the football on the pitch or the big shiny new signings, I cant imagine the regulations will stay as they are.
Rumours of an American style luxury tax being proposed.

Isn’t that where a rolling 3 season aggregate falls over?

Say in 3 seasons you go over the threshold, you get punished.

In the 4th season you act drastically and get rid of virtually all your debt, but the amount of the 2 preceding seasons still take you over the threshold, so you get charged, even though you have done as much as you physically can.

In my eyes that is not right.
It’s good mitigation if you do, but it wouldn’t be a defence. The counter argument is that you should’t have let your debt escalate to the extent that it stood at over double the allowed amount.

It's entirely possible that we'll have points deductions for the next five seasons. I don't know how we get under allowable losses whilst carrying the costs we do in a shorter timespan.
It’s almost better to terminate contracts by agreement and suffer the loss in one season than it would be to carry the enormous wage bill over several.

The rules will change, that’s what will stop that happening.

I might be wrong, but isn’t allowable loss 80m a season in the championship? Failing to be promoted is even bloody worse for us.

How are Chelsea allowed to spend a billion on players and amoritise that over something daft like two centuries. How is that not ****ing cheating. I text this sat in a pub in Berkshire surrounded by Chelsea fans (their actual team Reading not being enough for them… ****s)

Does all of this absolute bollocks not make people just want to **** it all off?

It's exhausting and not what football fans should constantly be talking about.

The game we loved is dead, this is just ****ing a corpse.

Does all of this absolute bollocks not make people just want to **** it all off?

None of this has, not ever will, diminish the instinctive feeling of joy/relief I felt when Vardy smashed in the third against Norwich and the points were secure. Not the smile that was brought to my face when Mavididi curled in the equalizer at Chelsea.

I find the financial stuff incredibly boring and I truly couldn’t give a ****. I don’t knock those who are interested and discuss it, but it’s not for me. I’ll focus on each game, and for those 90+ mins I’m as invested as ever.

So I guess, in short my answer is ‘No’.

Absolutely.

I’m all for letting club owners spend what they want provided they put the money to cover the debt in an escrow account so that the club isn’t ****ed if they go.

Spend what you want because this fair play thing stacks the deck for the ‘big 6’.

Absolutely.

I’m all for letting club owners spend what they want provided they put the money to cover the debt in an escrow account so that the club isn’t ****ed if they go.

Spend what you want because this fair play thing stacks the deck for the ‘big 6’.
I completely agree.

Let the next Jack Walker live the dream. Even if it’s a murderous Saudi Prince or some ****er with dodgy political ties.

I completely agree.

Let the next Jack Walker live the dream. Even if it’s a murderous Saudi Prince or some ****er with dodgy political ties.
I’ve been thinking about that Blackburn side, and its subsequent history a lot recently.

Won the Premier league, owner departs, slow decline, rank incompetence, irrelevance.

Yep, totally. I actually feel more and more disconnected from the club. If we were to fall into oblivion I'm not sure I'd even be too bothered.

I've said it before but winning the premier league finished it for me. It was the impossible dream. We did it, on a shoe string and now everything else is just abit pretend.

I’ve been thinking about that Blackburn side, and its subsequent history a lot recently.

Won the Premier league, owner departs, slow decline, rank incompetence, irrelevance.
That's starting to sound very familiar.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464