Leicester face questions about FFP

If it makes folk so upset, it's really time to do something else. It's a game for kids. If you can't enjoy it on that simplest of levels without feeling anger and contempt then why bother with it? It's like choosing to kick yourself in the bollocks.

I’ve been thinking about that Blackburn side, and its subsequent history a lot recently.

Won the Premier league, owner departs, slow decline, rank incompetence, irrelevance.
You made me go check to refresh my memory. I was staggered to see that they spent 19 YEARS in the PL !

I have literally no memory of them after their title win, other than how embarrassingly shit they were in the CL the season after.
Past that they were almost entirely anonymous for over 15 years then got relegated. No wonder I forgot.

I’ve been thinking about that Blackburn side, and its subsequent history a lot recently.

Won the Premier league, owner departs, slow decline, rank incompetence, irrelevance.

appoint an inexperienced manager because they've been working with a successful manager....

Another barnstormingly, humorous response. Are you one of the writers on Mrs Brown's Boys?
Speaking of which, I had a colleague who I respected and thought had good taste in most things. Then he recommended Mrs Brown and the Boys or whatever it's called. Never has my opinion of, and respect for someone dropped so rapidly.

If the EFL try, City will simply drag it through the courts etc by which time we will be in the Premier league
If they dock us points, we will have to go through vis the play offs. If that is the case, the Premier league cannot touch s because it would be double jeopardy as we will have already been punished.
We are 22 point and a game in hand better than Norwich in 6th place. How many points would they dock us? Plus we would make the money from the play offs which would help us out.

So, if the EFL do us, it would be better for us ultimately,

If the EFL try, City will simply drag it through the courts etc by which time we will be in the Premier league
If they dock us points, we will have to go through vis the play offs. If that is the case, the Premier league cannot touch s because it would be double jeopardy as we will have already been punished.
We are 22 point and a game in hand better than Norwich in 6th place. How many points would they dock us? Plus we would make the money from the play offs which would help us out.

So, if the EFL do us, it would be better for us ultimately,
...assuming we win the play-offs

...assuming we win the play-offs
lol that is true, everything is a hypothesis at the moment. The result of this will ultimately force the two leagues to agree on how they deal with clubs that are relegated.
I am not too sure did the Harvey Barnes sale appear in the latest figures or will they be in next year's accounts?

lol that is true, everything is a hypothesis at the moment. The result of this will ultimately force the two leagues to agree on how they deal with clubs that are relegated.
I am not too sure did the Harvey Barnes sale appear in the latest figures or will they be in next year's accounts?
If we are in the play offs I believe we have a next to zero chance of navigating them.

By the looks of it (promotion confirmed) the PL will have to change course very quickly on how they punish clubs as the situation we find ourselves in will be one of many.

I really dislike the idea of a fine for clubs that breach as this just plays into the hands of the usual suspects but something needs to change.

As I have already said we have totally ****ed up contracts resulting (at least partially) in where we are now but to post a £90 million loss having made a profit on player trading of £70 milllion is obscene.

Certainly exasperated by the loss of £30-35 million revenue for final table position allied to the (tbc) payoff of BR and his cronies thought to be north of £20 million.

What do people actually want? Some say they want less money in the game, that players are too well paid, others that what some clubs pay then distorts the rest of the market pushing smaller clubs out of business, some don't care about salaries but are bothered that it's usually the same clubs winning everything. Too many though are happy to turn a blind eye when something benefits their club, while the authorities are either in kahoots with the moneymen or don't know what they can do, and are unable to punish the worst offenders. So any change must empower small clubs and the authorities, and bring more clarity - so action when needed is quicker and clearer. Here's what I think we should do...

Level the financial playing field, so that small club with good management can build and hold together a team able to compete. Return to sharing gate fees, but also pool and share a portion of club's commercial revenues. This respects the fact that you need two teams to have a game, and that it will be a better game if it is also more evenly matched. It also reduces the temptation for some of the small scale money grubbing activities such as signing days or charging kids to be a mascot.

Financal clarity. No contract, whether it's with a player, coach, investor, sponsor should be directly with a club. It should be with the league/FA itself and merely name the club who the league/FA is contracting on behalf of. This would enable them to readily see when a club breaks an agreed spending rule.

Punishment. There will always be rule breakers. Fines are easily affordable for billioniares and soverign states willing to pay for their trophies, and point deductions punish fans who have played no part in the decisions being punished. Taking titles away after the fact will also only upset fans. Club directors and senior staff should face bans, not just from ownership but from even setting foot into an FA approved ground. These should be lengthy, at least measured in years and a lifetime ban should be an option. Since they would be defrauding the league/FA with the point above, criminal charges and jail should also be a possibilty.

This is all clearly pie in the sky, at best the kind of system that might be implemented if we were designing a system from scratch. But if we don't know what we want, we won't be able to move toward it either - even in small steps - and right now fans and the idea of football itself are having run rings around them who do know exactly what it is that THEY want.

Apparently we spent 8.1M on agents fees last season. Surely we could sue some of them under trades description

Apparently we spent 8.1M on agents fees last season. Surely we could sue some of them under trades description

Imagine the ****s we’ve have ended up with if we’d have paid any less….

We had better be promoted is all I’ll say. Both PL and EFL want us on toast.

This is good to read, but it comes with the obvious conclusion that if we are still here next season they’ll stick to us.

IMG_2318.jpeg

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464