Leicester feud with Premier League over spending rules could spill into next year

Makes him look a bit thick or a total yes man.
I agree, but what do you expect when the top dogs thought the same thing? If they’d have thought we were in any kind of danger they’d have binned Rodgers off earlier.

They were certainly very quick to ditch Claudio when things were not going well, and in the most disgraceful way, IMO.

I would love to read our defence. I’m not sure that much stock can be placed in:-

Leicester believe they have a strong and realistic defence and are hopeful of being deducted no more than six points.

Leicester are expected to argue that the losses from the 2022-23 season were a result of mitigating circumstances, such as an unforeseen relegation, the “unplanned expenditure” of sacking £8 million-a-year manager Brendan Rodgers, plus an estimated £30 million deficit from finishing 18th in the table.

Mitigation isn’t a defence. It’s a way of minimising loss. Mr X gets stopped for speeding. He says he was speeding because he needed a shit. He is still guilty of the offence. He might try to argue a lesser sanction because it was touching cloth, but that in itself is not a ‘realistic defence’. There must be more to this ‘realistic defence’ because if that is it… well… it’s a bit shit.

Mitigation isn’t a defence. It’s a way of minimising loss. Mr X gets stopped for speeding. He says he was speeding because he needed a shit. He is still guilty of the offence. He might try to argue a lesser sanction because it was touching cloth, but that in itself is not a ‘realistic defence’. There must be more to this ‘realistic defence’ because if that is it… well… it’s a bit shit.
In this instance, isn't it 'Sir' needed a shit...

I'm struggling to get excited about the coming season. I'm not sure we have any defence for our financial breaches and would like to see the punishment as soon as possible. Is there any reason to drag it out?
Should the club's aim be to achieve 4th from bottom or better? Or much higher, to mitigate any points deduction?
Until we know what we'll need to survive in the EPL we are at a disadvantage. We're disadvantaged through this current transfer window, and we're likely to be disadvantaged going into the January transfer window. Can this be fair? Or is it just part of the medicine we need to take?

Didn’t the EFL try to agree with the Premier league last season that any points deduction they wanted to give us, the EFL would apply straight away.
Until city told EFL they can’t do that.
Isn’t this suggestion similarly flawed?

Two points would be a result wouldn't it?

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34