Leicester players at the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they’ve barely worked with each other and Maddison has no experience of playing with GS’s favourite players then why would he take him?

Now it would look like a weak flip flop to pick him while Maddison is clearly a confident lad and a mercurial talent with a big personality. His difference makes him our key player but it probably scares the shit out of Southgate.

I’ve got very little interest in the national team and I don’t know much about Southgate but I wouldn’t pick Madderz if I were him. He clearly doesn’t want to do it, so he shouldn’t.

Word on the street says Maddison isn't in the squad
Not surprised in the slightest.

Southgate is a useless **** who should have been sacked in 2018.

Apart from Declan Rice for some reason. For some reason there's a massive love-in for him. It really makes you suspicious that the football establishment actively hate Leicester for what we've accomplished.
It's actually just Southgate being a useless wanker

He's played in Europe this season and last season.
He's played in the Europa League and the Europa Conference League, like Maddison. Are we supposed to believe not playing in the Uefa paint trophy this season is the difference between getting picked or not?

Kalvin Phillips was a big part of the team at the Euros last year, but had never played a European club match beforehand, he's since moved to a club with regular European football and as a result barely plays at all. Southgate has previously said that he wanted to move away from picking only players at big clubs (though I guess all England managers will say something like that at some point), but he really ought to be put on the spot about this at the press conference. If nothing else, club players and fans should know what he's demanding

Maddison was outstanding in the big European Semi-Final, even scoring a crucial goal. The logic is bollocks, even for Southgate. I don’t believe any other national team ignores the stats and form like he unbelievably might. I was pissed off with him after 2018, didn’t think I could get increasingly annoyed.

He's played in the Europa League and the Europa Conference League, like Maddison.

Correct.

So he's not a good example of a player who hasn't played in Europe recently.

Pickford, Toney, Pope, Trippier, Wilson are players who could be in the squad but have either never played in European competitions, or last did over a year ago.

So this whole thing about not picking players who haven't played in Europe is complete bollocks, and is not the reason for Maddison missing out, as he's played in Europe more recently than those players.

I reckon he's in.

He's such a star star player. You simply can't ignore it.

This is a mid-season world cup. Surely form is everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757