Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many months have we wasted if we re-appoint Mark McGhee?

And why is Pearson being appointed as the King Power Stadium housekeeper?

And when is Roy Keane getting announced?

So many questions.

How can you lot afford ****ing housekeepers?!

Oi prof it weren't that long ago I was defending Hobbs when you were slagging him off for not being good enough when distributing the ball from the back! You've changed your tune!

No, I wasn't, DD. I said his passing and lack of pace meant he didn't fit into SGE's high-line, short passing system (which we played last season, but haven't played this season). I always rated him very highly in NP's team as he fits into NP's system perfectly and has been an excellent Championship defender for both us and Hull playing in it.

Last edited:
On Waghorn and Weale, yes. :icon_lol:

But you'd expect potential new owners to meet the manager. The manager is one of the most important assets at the club, so to arrange their visit when he's away is either bad planning or deliberately keeping the manager out of it.

MM obviously wanted to sell and if NP could potentially have put the buyers off, I can see the reasoning and logic in doing it behind NP's back.

NP was an employee of the club, not the owner.

I do appreciate that football managers are not like 99% of other employees, but ultimately they are employed to do whatever is in their particular job spec. Lets say its very simplistic (and in this case actually untrue) and that NP was responsible for all football matters, transfers, tactics, training etc and that MM would keep out of it (and not try to sign Hasselbaink, Fowler, Davids etc etc) - it is then fine for MM to sell the club and providing the club goes on to honour NP's contract - no particular issue. As it happened, NP went and no doubt ended up with a few quid in his pocket one way or another via a LCFC pay off or HCFC golden hello - so he ought to stop grumbling.

I'm probably going against the grain, but I think NP possibly got a bit big for his boots. I wonder if those throwaway, flippant, bitter comments ever crossed his mind when he considered a return. Would be just desserts if he resigned at Hull and ended up not getting the job here.

I'd sooner have Mark Hughes.

BBC Humberside's sports reporter (David Burns) has said he expects Pearson to become the next Leicester City manager.

I don't necessarily 100% buy the 'NP was pushed' victim propaganda either.

How do we know Hull hadn't been in touch with NP previous to his departure and hence why Sousa was tapped up by LCFC?

The answer is we don't. Just because a few things occurred, we don't know in which direction causality runs or the real story behind NP's departure.

I respect the club more for saying nothing than NP for seemingly being constantly stroppy and feeling hard done by about it, making little digs here and there. Perhaps it's NP's Sheff Utd shoulder-chip?

Bring back Rob Kelly I say, I know this lot have been expensively assembled, but what I want to know is are they a smashing bunch of lads? And for how long can we keep re-doubling efforts in training? How hard were they working in the first place? How hard is it possible to work? Would it eventually get to a point where he'd say 'we're going to work 22% harder this week -we'd love to re-double our efforts but I've been advised its not currently possible, we've reached the limit'.

BertLcfc BertLcfc
Nigel Pearson is likely to be announced as the new #lcfc manager within the next 36 hours.

Bert might get something right at last ....

I bet Stringer isn't too happy about this appointment - I wonder if he's still banned from interviewing NP?

What is all this 'We have wasted £10million+ on players and have got to start again' crap? We now have one of the strongest squads in this league with some great players. All they need is the right manager to get them playing the excellent winning football we have seen on a few occasions. Whether it is MON, Hughes or Pearson, they are not going to look at our squad and think they need to sell all these and start again. I would expect that in January we would possibly see one or two pacy wingers come in, maybe even a younger, fitter version of Howard to give us a Plan B as well.

I bet Stringer isn't too happy about this appointment - I wonder if he's still banned from interviewing NP?
:icon_bigg

NP on the phone to Top "..........oh and one final thing I wont sign a contract if I ever have to be interviewed by that tosser from Radio Leicester Ian Stringer. He gets anywherenear me and the deals off."

Last edited:
Pearson's post-match press conferences will be one of the best things about him coming back. Never understand why people say they are "boring." To me, he is a dead-pan comedy genius. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669