Leicester til i die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it would be the reverse for people leaving Leicester, personally if I ended up anywhere else in the country I don't think I could bring myself to support another team from the top 3 or 4 divisions just because of the likelyhood of them facing City. A newly local, smallish club could become quite a nice bit on the side.

Do you still have a soft spot for Worcester?

Yes I would like to see Worcester do well. However, if Leicester played Worcester in the cup I would not hesitate to support Leicester.

I think that not having grown up as a Leicester supporter makes me less bothered about Forest or Derby. I wonder whether it was more difficult to hate Forest and Derby in the 1970s when there really was a vile club around in Leeds United. The revelation that they offered Bob Stokoe a bribe soon after Revie took over and rumours of attempting to bribe Wolves players fit the pattern. I could never hate Derby under Clough when Leeds under Revie were so truly vile.
I

I fully understand that I am a seriously miserable old git - nonetheless, what fun is there in such a pathetic thread?

You may be a miserable old git, :icon_wink :icon_bigg , but I have also noticed a rise in the thread topic merely being a pretext for posting anything other than something relevant to the thread topic. :icon_roll

You may be a miserable old git, :icon_wink :icon_bigg , but I have also noticed a rise in the thread topic merely being a pretext for posting anything other than something relevant to the thread topic. :icon_roll

Hate to say it, but I agree...

I quite agree I have not lived in Leicester since 1981 and there has always been a team nearby I could support. There are plenty nearby at the moment and for the past 18 years. In the past I could have gone to Brighton games when they were in a higher League than us or Norwich when we had a crap team under Hamilton and Pleat.

But when living down South I did end up supporting Worthing as they were the nearest club near to where I lived. They were quite successfull in the mid to late 80's. I even ended up going to some away games (mostly midweek and not far away) and getting back to Leicester was a long job as the M25 wasn't there or fully open during my time downsarf. Strange though I found a City fan living less than a mile away and we went a few games together and I was a member of the London branch so went to quite a few games by train.

COOL...!!!! :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670