Leicester to Athens Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

i dont know if anyone is interested but im organising a rally to Athens. It will be taking place next year (July 2008), and will take approx 3 weeks. The plan is too buy a cheap car and drive it to Athens, through as many countries as you can, leaving your car in Greece.

If you are interested in doing it let me know, the more cars the better. Each car must have at least 2 drivers in it.

i dont know if anyone is interested but im organising a rally to Athens. It will be taking place next year (July 2008), and will take approx 3 weeks. The plan is too buy a cheap car and drive it to Athens, through as many countries as you can, leaving your car in Greece.

If you are interested in doing it let me know, the more cars the better. Each car must have at least 2 drivers in it.

I was going to do the Mongol mate, but may be interested.

i was too late in sending my application for that one, so i decided to run my own. Without the costs of visas etc.

Have you been accepted for the Mongol?

I wont be doing it untill 2009 as im travelling next year and the dates clash.

This is not very environmentally friendly. :icon_conf

a 1ltr car is more environmentally friendly than a multi engine jumbo jet

I remember reading somewhere that a Jumbo is more environmentally friendly than a Ford Fiesta and 5000 times safer.

I was going to do the Mongol

Is this the "mongol rally" you refer to :102:

Owned-RetardRally.jpg

This is not very environmentally friendly. :icon_conf

True, but he could offset this by burning a few old sofas in his back garden thereby diverting them from landfill.

Would like to do this but doubt it next year, possibly the following year due to money.

Great idea Scarbs! :038:

Would like to do this but doubt it next year, possibly the following year due to money.

Great idea Scarbs! :038:

well it wont be that much!

If you get a team of 3.
Cheap car £200 max. split between 3 then insurance, tax etc. between 3
Petrol all together max £200/250 each depend ing on route you take and how much you floor it.
Food and Accommodation is up to you, i plan to sleep under the stars and in the car/camp sites for cheapness. (a guy i know that did one to mongolia slept in a sleeping bag in garages all the way their didnt cost him a penny.
and then their is spare parts but thats the fun of it all
There will be no visa costs, as its all in the EU. Austria you need to pay a few quid for road tax but thats it.

You have 7/8 to save!

You can get sponsorship and jobs a good'un

just make sure everyone in your car is over 18 if they are going to drive

if you are on facebook find the leicester athens rally group!:023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49