Leicester to Athens Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it wont be that much!

If you get a team of 3.
Cheap car £200 max. split between 3 then insurance, tax etc. between 3
Petrol all together max £200/250 each depend ing on route you take and how much you floor it.
Food and Accommodation is up to you, i plan to sleep under the stars and in the car/camp sites for cheapness. (a guy i know that did one to mongolia slept in a sleeping bag in garages all the way their didnt cost him a penny.
and then their is spare parts but thats the fun of it all
There will be no visa costs, as its all in the EU. Austria you need to pay a few quid for road tax but thats it.

You have 7/8 to save!

You can get sponsorship and jobs a good'un

just make sure everyone in your car is over 18 if they are going to drive

if you are on facebook find the leicester athens rally group!:023:

Not wanting to piss on your chips Scarby but how far do you expect a £200 motor to get you?
You'd be lucky if it got you as far as junction 21.

well it wont be that much!

If you get a team of 3.
Cheap car £200 max. split between 3 then insurance, tax etc. between 3
Petrol all together max £200/250 each depend ing on route you take and how much you floor it.
Food and Accommodation is up to you, i plan to sleep under the stars and in the car/camp sites for cheapness. (a guy i know that did one to mongolia slept in a sleeping bag in garages all the way their didnt cost him a penny.
and then their is spare parts but thats the fun of it all
There will be no visa costs, as its all in the EU. Austria you need to pay a few quid for road tax but thats it.

You have 7/8 to save!

You can get sponsorship and jobs a good'un

just make sure everyone in your car is over 18 if they are going to drive

if you are on facebook find the leicester athens rally group!:023:

The money wouldn't really be an issue for me, it would be the rest of my 'team'. They are all in their final year at uni (the ones that can drive) so wouldn't have the funds for it this coming summer, will definitely mention it to them though, but this summer, I doubt it.

Will join the group on facebook to keep in touch!

Not wanting to piss on your chips Scarby but how far do you expect a £200 motor to get you?

Take it you don't watch Top Gear then Mackster? ;)

Also, there are a few similar events whereby part of the criteria is that you have to have a car costing a small amount, usually under 1k or £500.

In the Mongol rally people drive shit heap 1ltr cars all the way to mongolia through the worst roads possible.

****ing awsome

Also, there are a few similar events whereby part of the criteria is that you have to have a car costing a small amount, usually under 1k or £500.

Yes I do, which is why I think setting off for Athens in a £200 motor is complete ****ing madness. :icon_lol:

Yes I do, which is why I think setting off for Athens in a £200 motor is complete ****ing madness. :icon_lol:

:icon_bigg

Can you not remember 'Oliver's' trip through Africa? :102: :033: :033: :icon_wink

In the Mongol rally people drive shit heap 1ltr cars all the way to mongolia through the worst roads possible.

****ing awsome

http://mongolrally.theadventurists.com/index.php?page=thevehicles

aye, its all part of the fun.

You take a few spare wheels and stuff and if you break down there will be plently of people that will be able to help you out

flippin' heck scarby, you're a nutcase innit!? did the book see the light of day? you retired from foxestalk and rarely went on msn..... and you wouldn't catch me posting on here!

I don't often agree with Steven, but..... dragging some clapped out, smoke-belching, right-hand-drive jalopies across Europe.... and then leaving them there? What are they going to do with a bunch of really shit right-hand-drive cars in Greece? You'll never sell them - presumably you're planning on just dumping them somewhere?

Not cool IMO :018: I expect better of the supposedly more enlightened youth of today, TBH.

Why don't you all go for a nice long nature ramble instead? :) :023:

I don't often agree with Steven, but..... dragging some clapped out, smoke-belching, right-hand-drive jalopies across Europe.... and then leaving them there? What are they going to do with a bunch of really shit right-hand-drive cars in Greece? You'll never sell them - presumably you're planning on just dumping them somewhere?

Not cool IMO :018: I expect better of the supposedly more enlightened youth of today, TBH.

They auction the cars of and give the money to charity. Im sure some fecker will buy them.

People drive everyday! We are going to be raising loads of money for charity in the process.

I suggest you get the facts rather than supposing all the time, if you must know i have spent the last 2 weeks speaking to charities that will take the cars on in Greece. I currently have a few options, one charity is thinking of shipping them to give to doctors in Africa.

As for the environment, it isn't great but its an adventure.

They auction the cars of and give the money to charity. Im sure some fecker will buy them.

A <£200 right-hand drive nail, that has just been thrashed across Europe.

Yup, I reckon they'll be fights breaking out with people trying to get their hands on them.
I can just see it now, swarms of Greek car dealers with big sticks trying to fight off the competition.

the mongol rally is further

if you leave your car in Mongolia we will make sure it is either given to charity or sold and the money donated to charity. The exact details change from year to year and will be released as soon as we can confirm it. Soon we’ll have details about how the huge amount of money raised from the sale of the 2007 rally cars will be used by charities in Mongolia.
http://mongolrally.theadventurists.com/index.php?page=faq3

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47