Leicester to Athens Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally plans are going well,we have a new updated website take a look.
http://www.leicestertoathens2008.co.uk/

i was wondering if anyone here that works/owns a business might like to sponsor the Event.

we have a PR manager who has sent out a press release and the national and press are interested, as are radio stations and TV stations.

thanks, feel free to ask any questions.

What kind of sponsorship amount are you talking about from the business?

What kind of sponsorship amount are you talking about from the business?

anything beighton, the money raised from the rally point of view that is left over after the organision and planning will all go to the charities i dont make a profit what-so-ever. But we do have to cover some costs, as much as we can arrange.

Im also planning an event at the Walkers, i had a meeting there the other week and it looks promising depending on the fixtures for the new season. The launch part will also have appearances from Leicester sportstars and 'celebs', a band, food and a big charity auction. People that sponsor will get tickets for this.

Maybe a business might be able to offer something else other than money. One drinks company that hasnt confirmed yet will donate lots of their drink as sponsorship it should keep the drivers awake and give them wings!:icon_wink

If someone on here does sponsor the rally depending on what we can arrange we could get the company logo on some of the cars and in the media.

What the **** is "a joint to Athens"? Are you promoting drugs here, or do you mean 'jaunt'?

Anyway, I've alerted all the environmental groups so expect plenty of disruption.

What the **** is "a joint to Athens"? Are you promoting drugs here, or do you mean 'jaunt'?

Anyway, I've alerted all the environmental groups so expect plenty of disruption.

"The Route At The End Of The Day Is Up Down To You"

boing boing

It's a fecking disgrace. And they gave this joker a degree.....

So how do you get the drivers back from Athens after they have dumped their cars.

Who pays for the accommodation on the way to Athens.

Who pays for the ferry / tunnel crossing?

Who pays for the fuel?

What do you get for your £200 entrance fee?

Why 10 days? 3 to 4 tops I would say.

He can also change the font used for the title..

http://lmnop.blogs.com/lauren/2006/10/americas_most_f.html

Its not my website, i just have a few pages on it. They only have a option of about 5 fonts that i can use!

Changed!

dont start with the environment route, im talking to lots of environmental charites one plan is for each team to plant a load of trees.

So how do you get the drivers back from Athens after they have dumped their cars.

Who pays for the accommodation on the way to Athens.

Who pays for the fuel?

most of the answers to them are on the website!

But

So how do you get the drivers back from Athens after they have dumped their cars?
The teams to recycle the cars in Athens, im also speaking to a charity that will take them of our hands or some are driving them back to the UK. Some people who are leaving them behind on staying on in greece for a holiday then flying home and some are getting lifts back with people are driving back.

Who pays for the accommodation on the way to Athens?
The teams do, im talking to some campsites and hotels to get discounts but its up to the teams - bring a tent sleep on the side of the road thats free, so is sleeping in your car.

Teams are getting sponsorship that could pay.

The teams however i have spoke to 3 ferry companies and a discount in prices will be offered.

Who pays for the fuel?
The teams do!

It all goes to charity but hopefully each team will have stickers/transfers for the car, a map, red warning triangle and info on road laws for each country plus extras depending on what sponsorship i can raise

that would be fun wouldnt it.

The idea is to experience each country, not to drive and drive that would be shit. No drive for a few hours, see new places, meet new people.

most of the answers to them are on the website!

But

So how do you get the drivers back from Athens after they have dumped their cars?
The teams to recycle the cars in Athens, im also speaking to a charity that will take them of our hands or some are driving them back to the UK. Some people who are leaving them behind on staying on in greece for a holiday then flying home and some are getting lifts back with people are driving back.

Who pays for the accommodation on the way to Athens?
The teams do, im talking to some campsites and hotels to get discounts but its up to the teams - bring a tent sleep on the side of the road thats free, so is sleeping in your car.

Teams are getting sponsorship that could pay.

The teams however i have spoke to 3 ferry companies and a discount in prices will be offered.

Who pays for the fuel?
The teams do!

It all goes to charity but hopefully each team will have stickers/transfers for the car, a map, red warning triangle and info on road laws for each country plus extras depending on what sponsorship i can raise

that would be fun wouldnt it.

The idea is to experience each country, not to drive and drive that would be shit. No drive for a few hours, see new places, meet new people.

lost interest now. So at the end of the rally, after you have dumped the car, if you are not staying for a holiday and cannot get a lift, you are ****ed!
How many people can take 10 days off work and then another load of days to get back or take a holiday.
I reckon its going to take at least £2000 per team to get things done, that on top of you £200.

lost interest now. So at the end of the rally, after you have dumped the car, if you are not staying for a holiday and cannot get a lift, you are ****ed!
How many people can take 10 days off work and then another load of days to get back or take a holiday.
I reckon its going to take at least £2000 per team to get things done, that on top of you £200.

So at the end of the rally, after you have dumped the car, if you are not staying for a holiday and cannot get a lift, you are ****ed!

no, once the rally has ended its up to you what you want to do. What i am organsing is a party in Athens and a place to recycle your cars. That's where the trip ends and its up to the team to sort transport home, whether thats a holiday, lift home and flying straight home from the airport. Out of interest what did you think/want to happen at the finish point?

thats a major problem. However there are about 7 or 8 of these rallies that take place some over a weekend some over 6/7 weeks to Mongolia. I understand people might not be able to get 10 days off but hey you cant please everyone, what im trying to organise is an event that will be awesome. I have spent so much organising this, about 3/4 hours per day after my job is spent on this and its costing me money at the minute thats one of the reasons i need a sponsor.
You could fly straight back and get back in a couple of hours.

It can be done cheaper. Of course it will cost but it depends on how you want to live and what you spend. The costs are firstly the car, insurance and the entrance fee. The rest you can live on 50 pound a day. fuel and car costs can be spread out over a team of 4 people.

One thing i have stressed to all teams is too get sponsorship - that will cover your costs of the entrance and maybe the whole rally. I spoke to Welsh guys that did the mongol rally they didnt spend a penny they got companies to sponsor them and their car - say 300 quid for a car door and plaster the logo on it.

if you are interested BG and to chat about it let me know or ask anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46