Pre Match Leicester v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some would argue we've had the hardest start in the premier league. I can't think many would disagree either...

Unless we cause a major upset here, we'll go into the first international break bottom of the league.

Schmeichel
De Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky
Drinkwater Hammond King
Mahrez Ulloa Nugent

Subs: Hamer, Wasyl, Schlupp, Cambiasso, Knockaert, Albrighton, Vardy

Last edited:
Looking forward to this! I´ve got a good feeling about this fixture and I reckon we are meeting arse at the right time.
The question must be whether it is the right time for us, considering our recent spate of injuries to key players:102:

COYB:038:

I recall the last time we beat Arsenal at home, 2-1 just after Brian Little had walked out on us. We also did them on penalties in the cup once, and then there was also that wonderful 3-3 fightback. More often, I've seen Arsenal simply out-class us. On the occasions where we've competed, we've had to really get at them physically and I'm not sure we're that kind of side nowadays.

If we get any kind of result today, it will be an exceptional performance. Arsenal tend to win this sort of match quite comfortably. They are technically very good, quick breaking and talented. For me, they'll be a much tougher challenge at home than the Everton one.

We've conceded two goals each game so far. If we have a chance this season, we have to be able to find ways to stop the opposition from creating chances so often. We've been vulnerable to clever play and Arsenal (along with Man City) are the masters at this. Against Chelsea, despite our good play at times, Schmeichel had to make eight saves, more than any other keeper has done this season so far.

We must have sufficient numbers in midfield to compete. We must take our chances and not waste possession. We cannot afford anyone playing below full ability. We must hope that Arsenal aren't quite on it, like Chelsea first half last week or Everton second half the week before.

Head says 1-3 seems most likely, heart would love us to pull something out of the bag today.

Unfortunately, as it were, I agree with everything Mr. Brown Nose has said above.

Under MON we could battle hard against the clever footballing teams and they didn't like it, we can't quite do that now.

Anyhow, will this new bloke Cambiassio be able to step up to a big game? I don't think he's played in many big matches.

Walker
Impey, Thatcher, Howey, Davidson
Scowcroft, Scimeca, McKinlay, Stewart
Bent, Ferdinand
Subs: Coyne, Elliott, Gillespie, Hignett, Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590