Match Thread Leicester v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God its half time.

Brendan needs to give them a bollocking at half time, and get Albrighton on for Thomas.

Lineup was right but we need a more positive approach and gameplan and a boot up the arse here.

Their defence still means we have a route back into this game but we need a lot more energy to do so

Why do we sit back on a lead? Why does tielemans nearly always turn around and pass the ball backwards?

We also did this in the Emirates match, the only difference being it somehow came off. If we are incapable of counter attacking and we're playing a shite defender at left back, then stop just sitting back and letting them play how they ****ing like for ****'s sake

Rodgers seems to be tremendous at beating the confidence out of his own teams

Thank God its half time.

Brendan needs to give them a bollocking at half time, and get Albrighton on for Thomas.

Lineup was right but we need a more positive approach and gameplan and a boot up the arse here.

Their defence still means we have a route back into this game but we need a lot more energy to do so
The line up is wrong Nacho is a spare prick at a wedding we are being swamped and Arteta knows we will leave our wingers high that is why Thomas is being over run and Barnes is leaving him high and dry.

We also did this in the Emirates match, the only difference being it somehow came off. If we are incapable of counter attacking and we're playing a shite defender at left back, then stop just sitting back and letting them play how they ****ing like for ****'s sake

We were woeful in the 1st game.

It was one of the spawniest wins we've had all season.

Glad getting dumped out of Europe has given the players a real confidence boost.

Deffo the best scenario.

We look tired and lacklustre. Can't blame Ndid for the pen, that's just what happens. Yes, players know to keep their arms down but very difficult to always put into practice.

We need an injection of energy and I don't know if we have it. Their subs bench could kill is off if needed. Brendan needs to work some magic here. Maybe look to Tavares? Nacho or Vardy (if injured) off.

Agree though, Thomas is both being done and close to the edge. Take him off before he's carded again, we can't risk going down to 10 men. And we've got players to cover, Ricardo or Castagne.

It's not over yet, they're pretty awful at the back but we're just not testing them. We need to go up a gear.

Feels just like last season. Capitulation on the cards. We could become a laughing stock again.

And is exactly the reason that we remain little old Leicester.

I hate to be like this but I can see in the players exactly what I saw last season.

We've got no ****ing hope of breaking down the teams in the next 3 games with this level of confidence.

BR manages his teams out of success, I'm sure of it.

Miserable git’s.

it was certainly a poor half of football, but there’s more goals in this.

Thomas needs to be replaced, however.

The main problem is that we have no number 10 available to link the front and back. Perez is the obvious choice as a replacement for Maddison and his injury has left us completely exposed

Far too timid - no serious attempt since we scored. We are making Arsenal look so much better than their position in the table suggests.
STOP the sideways/backward passing and get on with it!

Nacho is in because Vardy is not fit. I said after the last game he was limping towards the end. Very surprised he is playing. Well he isn't really is he?

I think we just don't have the energy.

They were pressing our back line which hasn't allowed us any time to try and get out game going but we are sitting back on them allowing them all in to our half.

They are playing well but we seem way off it.

Big 45 mins now.

Albrighton for Thomas and Ricardo or Castagne to left back with the other on the right and get at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669