Match Thread Leicester v Aston Villa (League Cup Semi-Final first leg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even 10 mins into the second half and Cags is already forward in the attacks now. Almost playing as an extra midfielder.

By 70 mins he will be up front!

Mings has been outstanding for them. If we are in the market for a CB, I'd definitely be thinking about him.

If this stays like this for 10 more mins, id get Nacho on for Fuchs.

Don't think we need 3 defenders staying back, and we'd still have the option of going to a back 4. Would give us an extra man in the box

Right now it's gonna have to be a Maddison long shot to get us level in this. But he's having to get very wide to get involved really.

Sky said maybe a set piece but I really don't see us as a good set piece team and they look a lot bigger than us

I'm not sure how but Tielemans looks less interested in his job than I am in mine

I'm not sure how but Tielemans looks less interested in his job than I am in mine
I think he's been better this half. That's not a compliment by the way, just that he hasn't been as shit as he was in the first 45.

Impotent possession. I can’t see us scoring. It’s one of them.

These are the situations where we really need that Ziyech/Mahrez replacement type of player to make a difference.

Not sure Perez is effective at all in this type of game. Don't think Barnes would be either, but possibly he can take a shot on from distance which it might need.

If we get Nacho in for Fuchs, we could potentially follow up with Albrighton for Perez to focus on delivery.

I think he's been better this half. That's not a compliment by the way, just that he hasn't been as shit as he was in the first 45.

Problem is he's a playmaker who doesn't want the ball

#pointless

This Villa side are a bag of wank and we are losing to them.

I'd get Barnes on for Tielemans

We need players with Tielemans' creativity in a game like this. He has the ability to thread the ball into the tiny gaps which is what we're relying on.

Someone complained earlier that Youri keeps trying to play through spaces that aren't there. That's his job. If you don't try that when they are 10 behind the ball you're never going to get in unless you go wide, and we don't have the players for that.

We need players with Tielemans' creativity in a game like this. He has the ability to thread the ball into the tiny gaps which is what we're relying on.

Someone complained earlier that Youri keeps trying to play through spaces that aren't there. That's his job. If you don't try that when they are 10 behind the ball you're never going to get in unless you go wide, and we don't have the players for that.
He's giving the ball away every single time we get into any kind of decent position. I agree that's his role, but he's woefully out of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363