Pre Match Leicester V Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has always amused me how people go to the effort of learning how to say they can't do the thing they are learning. It's like some warped paradox.

Beats shouting ‘I don’t understand’ in English, while they shout the same thing back in French for 10 minutes.

Seems like there's a lot of anti-Royal feelings on here? Why? Her Maj has done us a massive favour, clearly a Leicester fan, by passing away when she did, to give us plenty of opportunity, and time, to sack BR and get someone in place well before the Forest game!!??

Seems like there's a lot of anti-Royal feelings on here? Why? Her Maj has done us a massive favour, clearly a Leicester fan, by passing away when she did, to give us plenty of opportunity, and time, to sack BR and get someone in place well before the Forest game!!??
Quite the opposite.

It's delayed us doing what is required and will result in us having this loser in charge for another game against Forest where his team will more than likely be bullied and embarrassed.

Many years ago, my in-laws were staying with us and my mother-in-law was in the kitchen. I wanted to help her and I thought that I had asked if I could lower the temperature of the oven. I said " est-ce que je peux baiser la cuisiniere " She looked at me in a rather concerned manner and explained to me that I had just asked her if I could **** the cook.
I rhink baiser can mean either "to kiss" or "to ****" ...I suppose it depends on the context!

It does appear as though the real reason why there is no football this weekend is because it is thought that football supporters could not be trusted to behave sufficiently deferentially.

The rugger and cricket sorts can be relied upon to keep silent when required and sing a national anthem in the proper way. Football supporters can't.

This does not make me angry. It makes my smugly proud of being a football supporter.

It does appear as though the real reason why there is no football this weekend is because it is thought that football supporters could not be trusted to behave sufficiently deferentially.

The rugger and cricket sorts can be relied upon to keep silent when required and sing a national anthem in the proper way. Football supporters can't.

This does not make me angry. It makes my smugly proud of being a football supporter.
The example shown by West Ham's fans on Thursday evening all rather puts this idea to bed though

It’s a shame, I would have enjoyed seeing sanctimonious little twats like Howe and Lampard dusting off their head boy blazers, pinning a little white rose to them and standing up jolly straight for the national anthem.

I don't really think so. Football fandom is rammed with flag shaggers isn't it?

It's probably because, despite the fact that it isn't true anymore, it's still regarded as "the working man's game" So deference is expected. Meanwhile the officer class games of rugby & cricket enjoy their rightful privilege of being allowed to continue.

Racing can **** off. They cancelled a fixture that had already started within 15 minutes of the official announcement. Everyone had to just **** off & go home. Disgraceful.

Mind you, I can understand it. They must be shitting themselves over future patronage as the next generations are going to be nowhere near as interested in the sport as the old girl was.

Ironic really as the new queen is a dead ringer for many a legendary racehorse.

It’s a shame, I would have enjoyed seeing sanctimonious little twats like Howe and Lampard dusting off their head boy blazers, pinning a little white rose to them and standing up jolly straight for the national anthem.

It's what she would have wanted.

I was at my sister’s yesterday to meet my mum’s cousin, who’s visiting from North Carolina. He was staying at the Holiday Inn next to the ground, said he met a few people there who’d travelled for the game. He told us of a wheelchair-bound teenager who was going to go to his first game this past weekend with his dad, and he was of course absolutely heartbroken that the game had been called off and his big weekend ruined at the last minute.

Still, it’s what she would have wanted.

The Premier League took their decision because they are understandably nervous about any decisions to be made shortly about the Independent Football Regulator, and didn't want to get it wrong - though of course they did, but not damagingly so.

As for next weekend's round of fixtures, the likelihood is that the unprecedented (certainly far exceeding the extraordinary response to Diana's death) pressure the road and public transport system will be under as HMQ's subjects, friends and proxy relations gather to say goodbye make the London fixtures on Sunday particularly problematical, and probably wider afield.

I had a pleasant afternoon yesterday "at the races" watching the St Leger meeting at Doncaster, while toggling between the Test Match and the Egg Chasers. The theme of the many tributes was always one of affectionate memory of a fellow fan whose enthusiasm and knowledge had earned their respect and affection - not their deference.

I was at my sister’s yesterday to meet my mum’s cousin, who’s visiting from North Carolina. He was staying at the Holiday Inn next to the ground, said he met a few people there who’d travelled for the game. He told us of a wheelchair-bound teenager who was going to go to his first game this past weekend with his dad, and he was of course absolutely heartbroken that the game had been called off and his big weekend ruined at the last minute.

Still, it’s what she would have wanted.
It's enough to make you fed up of football to be honest with you. At least we've got a lovely world cup in qatar to look forward to.

I had a pleasant afternoon yesterday "at the races" watching the St Leger meeting at Doncaster
I went to that last year with some of my wife’s friends from Donny. First time I’d been to the races.

Had a fun day but I was absolutely flabbergasted at the amount of coke knocking about.

I went to that last year with some of my wife’s friends from Donny. First time I’d been to the races.

Had a fun day but I was absolutely flabbergasted at the amount of coke knocking about.
Think that’s true of many places these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363