Match Thread Leicester v Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win the ball, get booked for it, opposition score.

The defence were far too high in my opinion. We were wide open for them.

The defence were far too high in my opinion. We were wide open for them.
Villa are notoriously creative and effective at set pieces. We are well established as a team that leaks goals from set pieces. Unfortunately a predictable result.

More than anything we look completely devoid of anybody that wants the ball in the attacking half.

I’d describe us as workmanlike.

Was it a foul then?

Hard to say from the ground but didn't look like it.

Well I'm ok with that. Plenty of spirit. Ayew is a great work horse who handles the ball well. I hope to god Bilal is the man to give us that something special.

Well.

We look a decent threat from set pieces, Okoli looks a good player and I thought Fatawu was on it. Ayew continues to look a decent signing.

Here’s the thing, though. We are currently one of those teams that setups and approaches games to be “hard to beat” when in fact, we aren’t.

Bring on the new lad for Wilf.

Well.

We look a decent threat from set pieces, Okoli looks a good player and I thought Fatawu was on it.

Here’s the thing, though. We are currently one of those teams that setups and approaches games to be “hard to beat” when in fact, we aren’t.

Bring on the new lad for Wilf.
Yep I agree. But I think that might be the best we can hope for this season.

Also, yes get Bilal on. But for me I'd take off Winks.

Was it a foul then?

I wondered the same. He was always going to make a challenge and I expected him to just bring him down, but it looked like he got the ball from where I am, which admittedly isn’t the best angle for that.

Was it a foul then?

Didn’t look it to me on replays. But probably enough from behind to justify the referees decisions. Unfortunate one to go against us.

Think we started really well, lost our way with a few defensive twitches. However finished stronger.

Ayew and Skipp excellent. Okoli worrying me with his passing. Mads continues to impress.

I’d take Ndidi off for Buono or Bilal now for the creativity that we just don’t have. I’d also like to see Mcateer on but think Fatawu and Ayew haven’t been that bad. Vardy not involved at all but we know he doesn’t need to be to pop up at the right time.

I wondered the same. He was always going to make a challenge and I expected him to just bring him down, but it looked like he got the ball from where I am, which admittedly isn’t the best angle for that.
Taklking about the goal build-up.
On the dodgy stream, it did appear that he got the ball but it was a tackle from behind and the Villa player had decided to fall over and cry the moment he sensed a tackle coming in.

Was it a foul then?

If you are talking.about Hermansen, no he got the ball. Watkins should have been booked for being a play acting twat.

Not the worst half of football. But our ability to create anything from set play is basically with Fatawu. a
Our supposedly other option of Kristiansen playing like a winger is offering nothing.

Skipp and Winks seem so similar in midfield. With Ndidi in there too it's not surprising we've not created anything of note.

Guess the game plan is kep it at one nil until 60 mins and the bring on someone that might actually create something.

Wilf has been pushed right up when we’re squeezing them, which has been good. His touch has been poor though when we’ve been going forwards.

On the dodgy stream, it did appear that he got the ball but it was a tackle from behind and the Villa player had decided to fall over and cry the moment he sensed a tackle coming in.
Oh right, the Skipp challenge was a great challenge and he clearly got the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Liverpool49
4Aston Villa49
5Brighton48
6Nottm F48
7Chelsea47
8Newcastle37
9Brentford46