Pre Match Leicester v Brentford

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0 win. Comfortable brace for Vardy. Homer angry because Fofana didn’t see him wank.
Jesus H Christ! No wonder he wants to leave!

3-0…

We will boss them off the park, high press forcing them into mistakes. Vardy to start his golden boot campaign aswell. We are just a bit too good when we have the majority fit and fresh. Full crowd, football is back… Lovely stuff.

1-2…

Disappointing flat performance. Iheanacho to score a late consolation. Toney to score from a set piece guaranteed. Could be a long painful season…

From BR's press conference:

Evans will be captain
No signings imminent
Maddison and Fofana are training very well and working hard for the game on Sunday.
Won't say who will be the new number one.

Injuries:
Bertrand 'a number of few weeks' away from being fit.
Ward came through an in house training game with no problems.
Barnes 'won't be too long;
Ricardo out for up to six months

More from BR:

“You’re looking for a goalkeeper who can stop the ball going in the net, can distribute and can deal with the pressure. Kasper was a guy of consistency, so the next guy coming in will be ready. I’ve always said Ward is a number one, Iversen has gone away and done well. I don’t feel like I need to look outside for a new goalkeeper.”

On fringe players leaving:
“There have been enquiries about a number of the players, so we’ll have to see how that materialises, but there’s nothing imminent.”

So no Kasper obviously, Ricardo or Barnes. No one new to bring in.

So I'd say it has to be this:

Ward
Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Cags, Justin
Youri, Ndidi
Maddison
Vardy, Nacho

But think we'll end up with some Hodge podge 4-2-3-1 with KDH in and probably Maddison and Albrighton as wingers

Ward

Castagne Fofana Evans Justin

Soumare Ndidi KDH

Maddison Vardy Praet

I really doubt Nacho starts.

Here is my last guess:

Ward

Castagne
Evans
Fofana
Justin

Ndidi
Tielemans
KDH

Maddison
Vardy
Praet

I'd go

Ward
Castagne
Evans
Fofana
Justin
Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison
KDH
Perez
Vardy

It's incredible how tricky it is to select a line up, without Barnes, that is true to how BR has played through preseason.

To have got to the day before the first game with no new players and not really have a clue how we'll go, is concerning.

You can toss a coin between two keepers. Everyone seems to expect Ward to play despite that feeling very odd to me. Iversen has been the main keeper through preseason. Ward hasn't played at all.

In defence, Castagne has been in the second string side as a wing back and then played as a winger against Sevilla. Now we need him to play as an orthodox right back. The rest of the back four picks itself unless the problems further forward necessitate us playing wing backs. Then we appear to prefer Amartey to either Soyuncu or Vestergaard.

In midfield, Ndidi has been lacking form and fitness. Tielemans has been partly sidelined with everyone expecting him to be gone by now. BR spoke glowingly yesterday about Praet now being a key player yet admitted that he'd discussed expecting him to leave as recently as in Evian. Soumare was also expected to go but has been used effectively in the absence of Ndidi and has actually been better than Ndidi in the preseason games.

Then BR spoke about wanting Maddison to play central this season when we've got loads of options there and very few in the advanced right side position that Maddison played a lot towards the end of last year.

We've even got a peculiar situation up front where Vardy will obviously start but Daka has looked much sharper and more effective in preseason.

In the midfield/forward positions, the likes of Albrighton, Choudhury, Mendy, Perez and Iheanacho have seemed surplus to requirements. Yet we're now very short of options in forward positions.

What a mess. So what to do?

Iversen has to start. We also have to go with a back four of Castagne, Fofana, Evans and Justin.

What we know is that Ndidi and Tielemans are best in a two together so I expect BR to go with that despite their questionable right to start ahead of Soumare.

Vardy will obviously play as lone striker so it's all about who takes the three more advanced positions in midfield. BR will have to go with Praet, Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall.

Iversen
Tielemans Ndidi
Praet Maddison Dewsbury-Hall
Vardy

It's incredible how tricky it is to select a line up, without Barnes, that is true to how BR has played through preseason.

To have got to the day before the first game with no new players and not really have a clue how we'll go, is concerning.

You can toss a coin between two keepers. Everyone seems to expect Ward to play despite that feeling very odd to me. Iversen has been the main keeper through preseason. Ward hasn't played at all.

In defence, Castagne has been in the second string side as a wing back and then played as a winger against Sevilla. Now we need him to play as an orthodox right back. The rest of the back four picks itself unless the problems further forward necessitate us playing wing backs. Then we appear to prefer Amartey to either Soyuncu or Vestergaard.

In midfield, Ndidi has been lacking form and fitness. Tielemans has been partly sidelined with everyone expecting him to be gone by now. BR spoke glowingly yesterday about Praet now being a key player yet admitted that he'd discussed expecting him to leave as recently as in Evian. Soumare was also expected to go but has been used effectively in the absence of Ndidi and has actually been better than Ndidi in the preseason games.

Then BR spoke about wanting Maddison to play central this season when we've got loads of options there and very few in the advanced right side position that Maddison played a lot towards the end of last year.

We've even got a peculiar situation up front where Vardy will obviously start but Daka has looked much sharper and more effective in preseason.

In the midfield/forward positions, the likes of Albrighton, Choudhury, Mendy, Perez and Iheanacho have seemed surplus to requirements. Yet we're now very short of options in forward positions.

What a mess. So what to do?

Iversen has to start. We also have to go with a back four of Castagne, Fofana, Evans and Justin.

What we know is that Ndidi and Tielemans are best in a two together so I expect BR to go with that despite their questionable right to start ahead of Soumare.

Vardy will obviously play as lone striker so it's all about who takes the three more advanced positions in midfield. BR will have to go with Praet, Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall.

Iversen
Tielemans Ndidi
Praet Maddison Dewsbury-Hall
Vardy
This is how I expect us to line up.

Will sadly be a 4-2-3-1, but there you go

Praet on the right, KDH on the left - at least that means Maddison plays in the middle

Just noticed there are still over 250 seats available for this

Which is pretty sad, really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472