Pre Match Leicester v Brighton (LC 4th Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

BR just said that he'd be making changes for this one. I hope he makes wholesale ones.

Brighton played their 3rd round LC tie just after beating us and made 11 changes. I'd expect them to do similar here.

We need to rest up anyone due to start against Arsenal, especially as it is the early Saturday game.

Ward
Benkovic Vestergaard Bertrand
Choudhury Mendy Dewsbury-Hall Thomas
Lookman Perez Barnes

I’d like to win this one. This might be a relatively simple pass to some silverware again.

That said, it’s right to make significant changes.

Usually keen on going strong in cups but relaxed about wholesale changes for this one after the week and season we’ve had. Would give Daka a run though. Also important for Barnes and Lookman to have a game

BR just said that he'd be making changes for this one. I hope he makes wholesale ones.

Brighton played their 3rd round LC tie just after beating us and made 11 changes. I'd expect them to do similar here.

We need to rest up anyone due to start against Arsenal, especially as it is the early Saturday game.

Ward
Benkovic Vestergaard Bertrand
Choudhury Mendy Dewsbury-Hall Thomas
Lookman Perez Barnes
We certainly can't play that team.... **** me it's horrendous.

Just imagine, for a moment, that the last 8 are Southampton, QPR, Leeds, Stoke, West Ham, Preston, Burnley & Brighton. There are only 3 domestic trophies that we can win, so why not?

Wholesale changes.

Ward
A right back that isn't Ricardo, Castagne or Amartey, Vestergaard, Benkovic, Thomas
Hamza, KDH
Lookman, Perez, Barnes
Daka​

Just imagine, for a moment, that the last 8 are Southampton, QPR, Leeds, Stoke, West Ham, Preston, Burnley & Brighton. There are only 3 domestic trophies that we can win, so why not?

This was the Brighton side in the third round - our second team is much better than theirs.

1635100317243.png

I expect us to beat them with any combination of players that are not starters against Arsenal. As I've said before, that's the whole point of our recruitment over the last couple of years.

This was the Brighton side in the third round - our second team is much better than theirs.

View attachment 16420

I expect us to beat them with any combination of players that are not starters against Arsenal. As I've said before, that's the whole point of our recruitment over the last couple of years.

Yep, the team I listed above for example is a very strong second choice lineup, without having to use anyone bar probably Soyuncu that would start against Arsenal.

It would be crazy not to make as many changes as possible for this one.

When you get further into the cup there's an argument for a stronger team, but the way I see it is that we've invested nothing into this cup yet so no risk to going out.

We’ll go back to 4-2-3-1 as we have Perez, Lookman and Barnes that need game time.

I can see Tielemans starting as always.

Ward

Castagne / Soyuncu / Vestegaard / Thomas

Tielemans / Dewsbury-Hall

Lookman / Perez / Barnes

Daka

We’ll go back to 4-2-3-1 as we have Perez, Lookman and Barnes that need game time.

I can see Tielemans starting as always.

Ward

Castagne / Soyuncu / Vestegaard / Thomas

Tielemans / Dewsbury-Hall

Lookman / Perez / Barnes

Daka
I suspect that’s about bang on.

When you get further into the cup there's an argument for a stronger team, but the way I see it is that we've invested nothing into this cup yet so no risk to going out.
I'm shocked Graz. What are you holding back for? Top 10? Top 6.

I'm shocked Graz. What are you holding back for? Top 10? Top 6.

I'd much rather go for Top 4 than League Cup

Priorities for the season are:
Top 4
Europa League
FA Cup
Top 6 (if top 4 becomes out of reach)
League Cup

I'd love to do well in all the cups and go far, and I'd still love winning the League Cup. But we can't prioritise everything, and we've got a big enough squad to still have a decent chance of progressing while making 11 changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566