Pre Match Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Carried it on too.

27 now with a 6 year old of her own...who obviously can't remember us winning the title. He's been brought up on it though. Loves watching the DVD.
He confidently told me last time I saw him that he can wait & be patient so he can see us win it again.

The poor little sod.
Isn’t that classed as child abuse?

Referee: Martin Atkinson.
Assistants: Adam Nunn, Sian Massey-Ellis.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Jonathan Moss.
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.

I can tell you, quite categorically, from extensive family member experience, that the fart of a vegetarian is nowhere near as bad as the expulsion of fetid gas from a meat eater. And that is an indisputable fact.
Is that sample size statistically representative....

Only concern with Thomas and Barnes is keeping Lamptey in check who is their most potent threat. I wouldn't be surprised if BR goes with the below ensuring Fuchs and Justin cover Lamptey. Conservative approach to get a win before we get the full squad back.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Fuchs
Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Justin
Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Only concern with Thomas and Barnes is keeping Lamptey in check who is their most potent threat. I wouldn't be surprised if BR goes with the below ensuring Fuchs and Justin cover Lamptey. Conservative approach to get a win before we get the full squad back.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Fuchs
Maddison Barnes
Vardy
So we should base our lineup on the strength of the right wing back/fullback for the team who are 5th bottom of the table? If we do that it’s the sort of chicken shit stuff that’s caused us issues before.

That's why I say "I wouldn't be surprised" if that were the team as we've seen BR try and set up differently than the 'best XI' that most of us would like to put out.
I'd go for Under and Barnes with Thomas and Justin on their correct flanks......but as i say, wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Fuchs
Maddison Barnes
Vardy
Worryingly, I think he could well go for this line up.

The regular starters in the PL that were left out against Athens are likely to start. That has been BRs approach so far.

He doesn't start Thomas twice in a week because he says he's not physically up to it yet. He might start Under and Barnes against Everton but he probably won't here. The only change to the Sheff Utd line up that seems likely to me is Ndidi starting instead of Mendy.

My expected line up:

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Fuchs
Albrighton Ndidi/Mendy Tielemans Justin
Perez Vardy Maddison

I expect several changes for the Everton match which kicks off only 70 hours after this match. The only alternative is if he rolls out mainly the same players against Brighton and switches more to the above line up against Everton but I can't see BR doing that.

Several changes every game are inevitable at the moment as the players are being rotated. We have 5 PL games in 15 days now and several of our squad are knackered already.

So we should base our lineup on the strength of the right wing back/fullback for the team who are 5th bottom of the table? If we do that it’s the sort of chicken shit stuff that’s caused us issues before.

I think he’s picked the exact side we will see tomorrow.

Tricky run of games coming up after this one. Everton at home, Spurs away, Manure at home (on a Saturday!!!) and Palace away.

No idea what to expect from any of them. I hope we’re positive today, I’m desperate to see a proper front three and a back four. Some width up front and pace on the wings. If the reason for the back three is because Brenda is concerned about Fofana‘s ability to play in a back two as I think has been suggested, then I think he’s ****ing daft.

This on Amazon aye? Will we see Under with his Prime deliveries or back to Madders and his Hermes efforts.
Madders doesn’t even knock on your door, he chucks the ****er over the first defender’s fence.

Tricky run of games coming up after this one. Everton at home, Spurs away, Manure at home (on a Saturday!!!) and Palace away.

No idea what to expect from any of them. I hope we’re positive today, I’m desperate to see a proper front three and a back four. Some width up front and pace on the wings. If the reason for the back three is because Brenda is concerned about Fofana‘s ability to play in a back two as I think has been suggested, then I think he’s ****ing daft.
I honestly think the back three is to provide cover behind Mendy and to cover for the fact that Fuchs and Evans are slow, Justin, Thomas and Fofana are young and will make mistakes. I expect it to revert when Soyuncu, Castagne, NDidi and Ricardo are back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669