Pre Match Leicester v Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Back to Prem action and a good chance to keep up the winning run. With next week the ideal opportunity to rest players i expect a strong team.If Simpson is available i would put him straight back in the team. I would save Mendy to play v Chelsea therefore giving Drinkwater/Armartey another game to gel Same goes for the Slimani/Vardy partnership ie play them in this game then rest. Im expreting a tough game but also 3 points in a 2-0 win Slimani 2

4-0 Leicester. Kamara, Gallagher (2), Van Aanholt.

Back to reality - when we beat them we will go ahead of them in the table - also it's a good opportunity to address the negative goal difference afer the L'pool thrashing

Musa to start, score 8 goals and then get subbed at half time.

We win but only by 1 goal

Same team as the CL game, unless Simpson is ready to come back in for Hernandez.

Amartey did well against Brugge so it's enough to keep his spot to give Mendy a bit longer to be ready, then Mendy can play the cup game.

3-1 win for the Liechester Super Foxes.
Vards, Slim Annie, and Captain Morgan with the goals

Kasper

Hernandez
Wasyl
Huth
Chilwell

Amartey
Drinkwater

Albrighton
Mahrez (or Gray)

Slimani
Vardy

4-0 Vardy, Slimani 2 Wasyl.

Perhaps if Simpson is fit he could come in at right back to free Hernandez up to slot into central midfield.

Same starting line up

The time to make changes is next week, in the League Cup

Yep. Week off for the "first team" is midweek.

True, but that doesn't mean that we can't give a couple of players the 2 matches off - that's only 1 week. Morgan and Fuchs deserve a weeks rest. Mahrez, Vardy and others are young enough to just take the midweek off.

BTW where are all the "glue" needed supporters?

Is Okazaki now surplus to meaningful games?

I'm trying to get through to the ticket office as the website is showing tickets are available for tomorrow in the family stand but it is constantly carrying the message that all lines are in use and then it cuts you off.

Does anyone have an adult and child ticket spare for tomorrow that I could buy please?

It won't allow you to buy online for the family stand.

This will be a frustrating game Sean Dyche is no mug Burnley are a gnarly outfit and should be treated with respect we didnt with Hull and we were turned over, there are no easy fixtures in the first half of the season. I hope he keeps playing the same players we need games it feels as though we are playing catch up with our pre season, is Kaputchska injured?

According to the interviewer Burnley have won two of their last three away games.

They've only played one away Premier League game this season. They lost that 3-0. Their only other away game this season was against Accrington in the cup. They lost that too.
Their previous away wins were against Charlton and Preston.

Last edited:
This is just the type of game we don't need after our European adventure. Burnley will be horrible and gritty. They will deny space and counter with pace. In Defour and Gray they have two match winners. 2-0 to the Clarets.

This is just the type of game we don't need after our European adventure. Burnley will be horrible and gritty. They will deny space and counter with pace. In Defour and Gray they have two match winners. 2-0 to the Clarets.

:038::038:

Gold old Micky you can rely on him.
Unlike Lawro who has us down as a 2-0 win- so we're dooooomed

You're right. An away trip to Man City would be much better after a European adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566