Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that the club are making a big thing of the post match lap of appreciation tomorrow. They've been several tweets, messages, etc. from them all saying that there will be this or that happening after the game.

I think these laps are outdated and we should give up on them. They're like testimonials. I have no desire to do it any more, it feels wrong. After you win something in a season, it's absolutely the right thing to do. But otherwise, in another largely mediocre season, what's the point?

The players can't enjoy it. Wheeling out their kids and a mob of hangers on. I think the essence of it is that they've become distasteful as the wealth of those on the pitch has ballooned away from the wealth of those off the pitch.

I'll not be staying again, and most other fans won't either. The club probably don't understand it so are trying to offer feeble incentives such as some footballs that will be thrown into the crowd giving prizes. It's like those half time t-shirt things shooting rags at goons. They'll do the lap to a quarter of the stadium again and it will be a bit cringey.

Just give it up.

It could be more to do with the empty stadium when they did it last season on the last Saturday game and not the last match of the season and everyone complained that they didn’t know it was happening

It could be more to do with the empty stadium when they did it last season on the last Saturday game and not the last match of the season and everyone complained that they didn’t know it was happening

Or the fact this season was one of extraordinary circumstance. Probably something of a catharsis for Top.

The end of season lap is more about the club showing their appreciation for the fans as receiving our adulation, which I think is appropriate.

That said it can't hurt to give Tielemans, Chilwell, and Maguire some love with the transfer window looming.

Given the heartbreak and emotional upheaval that has hit this club this season, a bit of end of season interaction with Top, his family and the players is appropriate I believe. Put the season to bed and say farewell to the outgoing players. For that reason I'm in.

I fully appreciate that this season has been traumatic for the club but there have already been several occasions where we've done what you've described. In the Burnley match for example, it was entirely appropriate. But now?

The players won't give a shit about a lap of the pitch after the game. Simpson and Okazaki should be made a fuss of before the game, not afterwards. Although we did feck all for Huth and Ulloa this time last year, despite knowing they were off.

Top half of the Premier League is mediocre? How the world has changed; how Leicester City fans have changed?

That's our standard though now isn't it, given the level of investment and wages and so on? We are going to finish 8th-10th and that's pretty much where we're supposed to. There is nothing extraordinary about it at all.
Although, as this is our final home game, our home form has been pretty bleeding awful this season. 26 points from 18 games isn't anything special. That's only 5 more than Fulham and 6 more than Cardiff.

We may have merited a good old clap at Man City for our away form this season. For purely home fans like me, we've been dull as can be. If we draw tomorrow, we'll have taken the same points at home as we did last season when we all skulked off at the final whistle cursing the showers of shite.

our home form has been pretty bleeding awful this season.
For purely home fans like me, we've been dull as can be.
Perhaps only those who go away will stay.

...and the kids

...and those who want a last chance to wave to Shinji and Simpson.

I suspect it will be more popular than some seasons past.

Unless you’ve got something amazing to do at five o’clock on a Sunday afternoon why wouldn’t stay for another 10/15 minutes and show a bit of support for Top and family after the events of this season, whilst at the same time saying ta-ra to two complete legends who gave us the world ?

Modern football fans really are shit, the miserable feckers

Unless you’ve got something amazing to do at five o’clock on a Sunday afternoon why wouldn’t stay for another 10/15 minutes and show a bit of support for Top and family after the events of this season, whilst at the same time saying ta-ra to two complete legends who gave us the world ?

Modern football fans really are shit, the miserable feckers

You're missing the point I was making. The time to support your team is when the game is on. The best support for Top is the 'Vichai had a dream' song that gets sung with passion at every game now. There really isn't any purpose served by these end of season wanders around the pitch any longer. Times have changed for the very same reason that there is no clamour for a testimonial for someone like Andy King.

Top and family have made their appreciation of the fans abundantly clear, with their gifts and messages. What is the point of them walking round the pitch clapping after a game?

And there are always loads of hangers on doing the pitch thing. Wives, kids, mates, groundsman's uncles, etc. It's the players or it's nothing otherwise who are you applauding exactly? Little Jimmy Vardy?

We'll see how many stay at the final whistle. When I say 'we'll see', I mean you'll see. I'll be off down Raw Dykes Road with 20,000 others.

You're missing the point I was making. The time to support your team is when the game is on. The best support for Top is the 'Vichai had a dream' song that gets sung with passion at every game now. There really isn't any purpose served by these end of season wanders around the pitch any longer. Times have changed for the very same reason that there is no clamour for a testimonial for someone like Andy King.

Top and family have made their appreciation of the fans abundantly clear, with their gifts and messages. What is the point of them walking round the pitch clapping after a game?

And there are always loads of hangers on doing the pitch thing. Wives, kids, mates, groundsman's uncles, etc. It's the players or it's nothing otherwise who are you applauding exactly? Little Jimmy Vardy?

We'll see how many stay at the final whistle. When I say 'we'll see', I mean you'll see. I'll be off down Raw Dykes Road with 20,000 others.

Well I'll be staying with over 20,000 others. I love my team and the players deserve our support. You are missing the point.

Also, the Vichai had a dream chant is boring now and the only thing anyone ever seems to sing. Nothing wrong with the sentiment but it really is the crappiest football ditty in modern times. Impossible to clap along to because of the disjointed rhythm to it which makes it run out of steam before the end.

I was one of the 3,000 at Man City where we were all given a quality T-shirt emblazoned with 'We are One. Together', and wore it proudly. Probably not a feeling you share.

Passion is sadly lacking in most LCFC fans these days.

Passion is sadly lacking in most LCFC fans these days.

Indeed

Tut-tutting at every stray pass made from the off, arms folded in disdain, telling people to sit down when they stand up during a moment of excitement, pointedly not clapping when a player is subbed and telling everyone around them why, itching to go at exactly the point at which the whistle blows, and stomping out in indignation when the players are doing the end of season lap of appreciation - they get paid enough bloody money, why should I clap the bastards

Fortunately there will actually be thousands of proper fans still there after five o’clock doing the right thing

Top half of the Premier League is mediocre? How the world has changed; how Leicester City fans have changed?

Just for info, quite a neat summary here of our Premier League performance.

I was (sadly) wondering how often we’d finished with a positive goal difference, which will be the case barring a 3 goal defeat. Only twice before in the PL.

It's staggering really. Of all the shite there is to moan about in modern football and sport generally, the idea of being somewhat annoyed by a club wanting to give an opportunity for players to thank fans and for fans to show their appreciation for all those people associated with the club is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Piss off home if you're not interested in it but I'm sure plenty more people will stay rather then leave at the final whistle. Seriously, I know the old adage of 'modern football is broken' gets over used nowadays and I can see why but perhaps a more apt assessment might be that 'some modern football fans are broken'.

Given the heartbreak and emotional upheaval that has hit this club this season, a bit of end of season interaction with Top, his family and the players is appropriate I believe. Put the season to bed and say farewell to the outgoing players. For that reason I'm in.

And for that reason alone .....I'm in.

I shall be staying behind. I see nothing wrong with saying 'thank you' in any situation. Personally it gives me and the kids a chance to be a little bit more part of the whole thing. As a family we invest a lot of money and effort to support this club and the thanks the club gives is appreciated. My eldest is gutted she can't make it as she's away studying at uni but the other too are very excited, and a little sad that this may be the last time they see Shinji and Danny. Come on City, one last push for this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263