Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a touch older I'll sling in Dennis Rofe. Tough, solid & an overlapping attacking full back in an age when such was a relative rarity. Also slung in a couple of 30 yard belters that live in the memory.

& signed an autograph for me in a hailstorm. Even held his coat over us so the ink wouldn't run & had a brief chat, asking me how much he thought we'd win by. I was impressed by that.

Still my favourite.

Being a touch older I'll sling in Dennis Rofe. Tough, solid & an overlapping attacking full back in an age when such was a relative rarity. Also slung in a couple of 30 yard belters that live in the memory.

& signed an autograph for me in a hailstorm. Even held his coat over us so the ink wouldn't run & had a brief chat, asking me how much he thought we'd win by. I was impressed by that.

Still my favourite.

Yep, Rofe and Whitworth both excellent.

Anyone else at the point where playing Chelsea and 12:30 is feeling like more of a chore than something to look forward to?

Anyone else at the point where playing Chelsea and 12:30 is feeling like more of a chore than something to look forward to?
A chore, yes. But at least for me it will be finished by 8:30 am and then I can forget about football for the weekend.

A chore, yes. But at least for me it will be finished by 8:30 am and then I can forget about football for the weekend.
That’s the annoying thing about this being the first match. It will put me off watching for the rest of the weekend.

'Kin ell, just don't ****ing watch it then?! Some of you on here honestly...

Score draw at worst I reckon. Get the **** into them. About time Vardy rammed it down these.

'Kin ell, just don't ****ing watch it then?! Some of you on here honestly...

Score draw at worst I reckon. Get the **** into them. About time Vardy rammed it down these.
But see we are fans so we’re not going to not watch Leicester if the opportunity is there to do so. But that doesn’t mean we always look forward to it, or expect to enjoy it, or expect that we’ll get a positive result from the game.

And getting stuck into the opposition isn’t exactly part of this teams DNA.

Here we go again.

Two weeks ago, Tielemans was going to be out for 2-3 weeks. Two weeks later, Tielemans is going to be out for "a few weeks", and "he'll be back before Xmas".

Head-to-head

• Chelsea's 2-1 home victory against Leicester in May ended their six-match Premier League winless run in this fixture (D4, L2).
  • The Foxes could win consecutive home league games over the Blues for the first time since a run of three from 1935 to 1938.
Leicester City

• Leicester have won just two of their past eight league fixtures (D3, L3).
  • They are one short of 200 Premier League victories.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have kept only one clean sheet in 17 league games.
  • Leicester have suffered 11 top-flight home defeats since the beginning of last season; no current Premier League side has lost more often during that time.
  • Jamie Vardy needs two more goals to equal Ian Wright's Premier League record of 93 goals after turning 30.
Chelsea

• Chelsea could win four consecutive Premier League away games without conceding for the first time since 2008.
  • The Blues have conceded just one goal on the road this season - a penalty from Mohamed Salah of Liverpool.
  • They have only lost twice in 20 competitive away matches under Thomas Tuchel.
  • Chelsea's tally of 15 different goalscorers in the league this season is more than any other team.
  • Romelu Lukaku has scored five goals in eight league appearances against teams managed by Brendan Rodgers.

• Leicester have suffered 11 top-flight home defeats since the beginning of last season; no current Premier League side has lost more often during that time.

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570