Pre Match Leicester v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again.

Two weeks ago, Tielemans was going to be out for 2-3 weeks. Two weeks later, Tielemans is going to be out for "a few weeks", and "he'll be back before Xmas".
This

He's in my fantasy league squad & I didn't bother transferring him out as he'd only be out for a short time, including an international break. Now he's predicted to be back the week before xmas.

Wtf is going on? If Rodgers leaves I'm hoping to read an article after he's gone that sheds some light on the whole Rennie/injuries/training techniques narrative.

Manchester City playmaker Kevin de Bruyne has tested positive for Covid-19 on his return from international duty. Let's hope our squad don't get infected via Timmy Chestnut.

Kasper
Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu
Ricardo, Soumare, Ndidi, Castagne
Maddison
Nacho, Vardy

I know Youri is one of our best players, maybe even is our best player, but he's not been at his best recently so it will be interesting to see how we are without him.

I think Soumare was bought as a replacement for Youri, albeit a different style of player, so it will be interesting to see how he does.

Is Justin fit do we think?

Kasper
Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu
Ricardo, Soumare, Ndidi, Castagne
Maddison
Nacho, Vardy

I know Youri is one of our best players, maybe even is our best player, but he's not been at his best recently so it will be interesting to see how we are without him.

I think Soumare was bought as a replacement for Youri, albeit a different style of player, so it will be interesting to see how he does.
There is no question at all that Youri Tielemans is our best player.

Morning ladies.

The grind starts here. 13 games in 42 days over three competitons. We face Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool in the league, as well as two must win Europa League games, including a trip to Napoli. We also have a League Cup QF at Liverpool. But I reckon we'll start as favourites in 8 of the 13 so there are results to be got.

That will set this season up for what it's going to be. We should also see the return of Justin (who is due to play for the U23s on Monday) and Fofana (due to return next month). We could also see our manager leave if Man Utd have a couple more poor results.

It's going to be a ride everyone. Strap in for some of that Leicester City chaos.

A stat I like about today's game. They beat us three days after the FA Cup final but we were six unbeaten against them in the PL before that. We have nothing to fear from Chelsea. They have two qualities that we need to defend against; good off the ball running so those runs need to be tracked, and they have a threat at set pieces (Rudiger especially) and we know our issues there. If we manage those two things, I reckon we've got the beating of them and we can get this 42 day run off to a great start.

To settle everyones nerves, I've just had a bet on Chilwell and Rudiger to score. You're welcome.

I’ve just read that Chelsea haven’t conceded in the first 40 minutes of the last 22 matches. That’s our first objective.

I expect Chilwell to get some abuse today.

As you probably know, I think he's a terrific player. He was great for us. He went off the boil in his last few months here but he says that was mental health related.

The other side of that is the comments about him telling his team mates how excited he was to play with Chelsea players months before leaving us. That suggests his drop off in form may have been less about his head being troubled and more about his head being turned.

The other dagger to the heart was his extreme pleasure in 'scoring' the equaliser against us at Wembley. Oh that did mean a lot to him. Thankfully, VAR came to our rescue and that memory is now a funny one rather than a tragic one.

The contrast today between how Kante will be treated (one year and off) and Chilwell who BR said yesterday could have left us earlier than he did but stayed, will be interesting. Some of the departures appear to be treated better than others for rather odd reasons.

I'm a 50 year old man with sufficient wisdom to know that booing Chilwell today is silly and possibly counter-productive. However, I wonder if he is exactly the type to get affected and we could really put the willies up him. After all, remember how he was scared to take a throw in at Millwall in his early days?

Therefore, I have concluded that he should get absolute dogs abuse from the warm up.

As you probably know, I think he's a terrific player. He was great for us. He went off the boil in his last few months here but he says that was mental health related.

The other side of that is the comments about him telling his team mates how excited he was to play with Chelsea players months before leaving us. That suggests his drop off in form may have been less about his head being troubled and more about his head being turned.

The other dagger to the heart was his extreme pleasure in 'scoring' the equaliser against us at Wembley. Oh that did mean a lot to him. Thankfully, VAR came to our rescue and that memory is now a funny one rather than a tragic one.

The contrast today between how Kante will be treated (one year and off) and Chilwell who BR said yesterday could have left us earlier than he did but stayed, will be interesting. Some of the departures appear to be treated better than others for rather odd reasons.

I'm a 50 year old man with sufficient wisdom to know that booing Chilwell today is silly and possibly counter-productive. However, I wonder if he is exactly the type to get affected and we could really put the willies up him. After all, remember how he was scared to take a throw in at Millwall in his early days?

Therefore, I have concluded that he should get absolute dogs abuse from the warm up.
Boo the ****. He'll cry his little eyes out.

After he's scored, obviously.

You do realise that relies on Leicester fans actually doing something that requires effort.

No ****ing chance

Today's value bet is rudiger to score more than 1 goal.

175/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570