Pre Match Leicester v Club Brugge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Morale low within the club and of course the fans, this a great chance to lift spirits, confidence , belief. Hopefully Slimani will be available to lead the line. We are still disjointed/light in central midfield but im sure the problem is being discussed and will be rectified soon with the recruitment of more players in this position and in central defence, so the mistakes made in the summer transfer window are sorted.Anyway we are where we are and as the players seem more determined in this competition i expect an improved performance and a win 2-1 Slimani Vardy

Zieler

Simpson
Hernandez
Huth
Fuchs

Mahrez
Amartey
King
Schlupp

Slimani
Gray

Zeiler

Hernandez
Huth
Morgan
Fuchs

King
Amartey
Drinkwater

Mahrez
Slimani
Musa

Zieler

Simpson Hernandez Huth Schlupp

King Amartey

Gray Mahrez Musa

Slimani

I'm not convinced about the players in this competition either.

The last two games they have been as ineffective at creating chances or actually looking like a half decent football team as in the league.

We were absolutely woeful in Copenhagen to the point where I found it hard to watch the game.

Regardless, we should be using this game to show we actually have some ****ing bollocks and display some passion and quality.

I think it'll be:

Zieler

Hernandez
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Mahrez
Drinky
King
Albrighton

Vardy
Slimani

But would like to see:

Zieler

Hernandez
Morgan
Huth
Schluup

Mahrez
Drinkwater
James (if fit otherwise King)
Albrighton (if Slimani is playing otherwise Fuchs in midfield)

Gray (though a fit Okazaki would be okay)
Slimani

Leicester win 3-0

They are poor and we are hopelessly out of form. We need to rest key players (but we probably can't!) and put on a show for the fans.

Zieler

Simpson
Morgan
Hernandez
Schlupp

Musa
King
Drinkwater
Gray

Ulloa
Vardy

We were absolutely woeful in Copenhagen to the point where I found it hard to watch the game

Steady on, I got slated for saying we were woeful in Copenhagen. Apparently we played really well and achieved what we set out to do.

Steady on, I got slated for saying we were woeful in Copenhagen. Apparently we played really well and achieved what we set out to do.

We probably achieved what we set out to do but we were absolutely horrible in the process.

We were no better in the home game in an attacking sense.

our midfield is crap most weeks and all we do is swap between King and Amartey, it's time for that to stop and maybe consider that Drinkwater could be the problem, he's so deep he's practically a 3rd CB hitting 60 yard balls to no one all too often and maybe, just maybe King/Amartey might provide a better balance, we've tried the other options we have and its not working.

Zieler

Simpson Hernandez Huth Fuchs

Mahrez King Amartey Musa

Gray Slimani​

DD has been by far our best player for the majority of the season.

He's clearly feeling burden of having **** all cover and has had a few bad games, not really a surprise when those around him are having little impact on games.

To turn on our only midfielder who can actually pass a football is ridiculous.

DD has been by far our best player for the majority of the season.

He's clearly feeling burden of having **** all cover and has had a few bad games, not really a surprise when those around him are having little impact on games.

To turn on our only midfielder who can actually pass a football is ridiculous.
he isn't, Kings passing range is just as good but he doesn't hit a 60 yard ball the their CBs 5 times a game so he "can't pass"

I'm expecting to see

Zieler

Hernandez
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Mahrez
King
Drinkwater
Musa

Vardy
Slimani

Get qualification and group win settled here, so we can rest players in the final CL game against Porto - and don't have to face the pressure of needing a result away against a tough team

The change I'd like to see is Hernandez starting at centre back in place of Huth or Morgan but can't see it happening. But our defence needs a change I think

Even if we win on Tuesday we might not win the group. A Porto win against Copenhagen could mean we go to Portugal needing a one goal defeat at worst, to finish top.

Gå, København!

Even if we win on Tuesday we might not win the group. A Porto win against Copenhagen could mean we go to Portugal needing a one goal defeat at worst, to finish top.

If Porto beat Copenhagen by three goals more than we beat Brugge, I think even a 1-0 defeat in that final match would suffice to knock us off the top...

...probably.

If Porto beat Copenhagen by three goals more than we beat Brugge, I think even a 1-0 defeat in that final match would suffice to knock us off the top...

...probably.

That's why I used the word 'could', rather than 'would'. Copenhagen's home record suggests Porto haven't got a chance of doing that, but stranger things have happened. I bet the odds are less than 5000/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566