Pre Match Leicester v Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Another traditional 3:00pm Saturday kick off.

I always think we do worse against Palace than is actually the case -this is probably due to me attending a few away games at Selhurst Park and I really can't ever remember us playing well there - let alone winning.

Through our history we have a very average record against them:

W 23
D 17
L23

Our most recent 10 games (in all competitions) mirrors the above average results being:

W4
D2
L4

Last season they completed the double over us winning 2-0 and 0-1. The home game (for us) was bang in the middle of our dismal run prior to 'the great escape'.

So does Claudio stick with the starting 11 of last week, or the team that started the second half recovery verses Southampton or does he opt for a different tactical 11?

Personally I would like us to go with the second half 11.

Vardy to score in his 7th consecutive game?

What do you all know about Palace this season and their strengths and weaknesses?

A nice 3-0 home win would do the trick which probably means a goal feast or a 0-0!

They beat us easily both times last season due to our pathetic effort from defending set pieces, in fact I think the 3 goals were all pretty much the same goal 3 times over.

Judging our defending on set pieces so far this season I can only imagine that we are, yet again, going to have to score multiple goals to get anything out of the game.

They are similar to us really, fast and direct down the wings, dangerous side.

Ah yes, I was at the away game last season and now you have said I recall both goals being set pieces and carbon copies of each other.

I also recall we had the much better chances and possession in the first 20 minutes or so?

We were doggo in both games against them.

Am concerned about set pieces, especially if we play with Dyer, Mahrez and Albrighton. Might be time to wheel out old Lennie.

2-1 Leicester. Worthington (pen), Birchenall.

This will be a key fixture for us I reckon. Palace are strong from set pieces and with pace out wide so we have been poor at coping with both. We can clearly threaten Palace's weaknesses too, so it could be another high scoring match.

I'd only advocate one change from the starting line up last week. I want to get both Ulloa and Mahrez into the side but can't because Mahrez isn't supportive enough of his full back in a wide position. Of the two, I'd start Ulloa and bring on Mahrez.

Bollocks to all this "Palace are good"

Palace's away record in all competitions in 2015 is 11 wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats.

Their three defeats were all 1-0 and the draw was 0-0. The message here is if they score away, they win.

How we defend against them is the key to the result. If we try to out-score them, I think we'll come unstuck.

Palace's away record in all competitions in 2015 is 11 wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats.

Their three defeats were all 1-0 and the draw was 0-0. The message here is if they score away, they win.

How we defend against them is the key to the result. If we try to out-score them, I think we'll come unstuck.

They haven't played the super sexy Claudio foxes though have they?

Play the same team that finished the Southampton game.

3-1 win.

If Vardy scores, he equals Chandler's and Rowley's record for most consecutive games scored in.

2:1 Leicester - Parker (P), Claridge

I'd forgotten that unbelievably good save from Poole and just what a brilliant through ball it was from Walsh leading up to the penalty. Still one of my favourite Wembley experiences this one.

I'd forgotten that unbelievably good save from Poole and just what a brilliant through ball it was from Walsh leading up to the penalty. Still one of my favourite Wembley experiences this one.
Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670