Pre Match Leicester V Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Leicester Sport‏ Verified account @BBCRLSport12 minutes ago
More
Q: Should Jamie Vardy start vs Palace?

Puel: “We need different options, we cannot rely just on Jamie. I was pleased with Demarai [Gray] and I was pleased with his performance. This team is a squad and I’m trying to develop different options”

Or maybe just the comments of regular fans on a football forum expressing an opinion about a selection issue ?

Or maybe just the comments of regular fans on a football forum expressing an opinion about a selection issue ?
which doesn't happen, under any other manager it would but because its Puel people will act like the world is ending as they always do

which doesn't happen, under any other manager it would but because its Puel people will act like the world is ending as they always do

It happened repeatedly and continuously under Pearson (check BN's post history...), definitely during the end of Ranieri's reign, and similarly during the start of the season under Shakey

Had any of them dropped Vardy for someone who has never (and probably will never) play as a central striker, they would have been absolutely crucified. And quite right too

It happened repeatedly and continuously under Pearson (check BN's post history...), definitely during the end of Ranieri's reign, and similarly during the start of the season under Shakey

Had any of them dropped Vardy for someone who has never (and probably will never) play as a central striker, they would have been absolutely crucified. And quite right too
I don't have a problem with that but they don't talk about tactics they just insult the manager on a personal level, that's not regular fans discussing selection issues its someone having a tantrum over not getting what they want.

Also Homer let's not say its anything other than them not wanting Vardy left out if he was left out for Iheanacho people would react in the exact same way and you can't say Nacho isn't a striker

Also Homer let's not say its anything other than them not wanting Vardy left out if he was left out for Iheanacho people would react in the exact same way and you can't say Nacho isn't a striker
You can. I mean, you really can. In all seriousness, Vardy shouldn't be left out full stop. I don't care whether he plays Iheanacho instead or whether he chooses to play without a srriker; both are as absurd as each other and will yield the same results.

It's perfectly reasonable to criticise him for this as it would be any other manager. It is very clearly a stupid idea and one which he must have seen fail even though he is trying to style it out.

let the meltdowns commence ..

Puel has had the meltdown, not the fans.

Playing someone with the composure of Gray up top is completely absurd.

Dropping a striker like Vardy now that you have a supply line is utterly absurd.

I'm bored of it, so yes, I might just call the bloke a useless moron instead as it's quicker.

Why would we want to persist with an ageing, goalscoring, hard working, exceptional striker when we can play a brainless fart in his position. Leave Clown Puel alone FFS!

As I said on the Spurs thread all this is doing is accelerating the possibility of Jamie leaving in the summer. And if anyone think us losing one of the finest strikers in the PL over the last 4 years is a good thing under the guise of long term development then they are wrong.

It’s related to the discussion in the other thread about losing our best players. I can live with some churn of good young players. Losing a true number 9 and the heart of our team would be a disaster. And if it’s Puel v Vardy there should only be one winner.

Call it a meltdown if you like.

Ideally he plays Saturday, scores, and we go on a long run to Europa League qualification.

Fact or fiction:

Kelechi Iheanacho has scored more goals from open play at the KP this season than Jamie Vardy?

Top journalism in the build up...

“Puel was asked if he sought an apology from Peter for his father’s comments, but the City boss is looking to move on amicably.”

What the actual **** has Kasper’s grandad been going on with. He can do one :icon lol:

BBC Leicester Sport‏ Verified account @BBCRLSport12 minutes ago
More
Q: Should Jamie Vardy start vs Palace?

Puel: “We need different options, we cannot rely just on Jamie. I was pleased with Demarai [Gray] and I was pleased with his performance. This team is a squad and I’m trying to develop different options”
Translation: I hate Jamie Vardy because he thinks (correctly) I am a right ****.

Does anyone care?

Quite possibly yourself seeing as you have taken the time to reply?

I do too though so you're not on your own and I also think it is quite surprising that one of the finest strikers in the PL over the last few years hasn't managed to score a goal from open play at home in over 4 months by the time we play Palace.

No wonder the fans aren't happy with the manager at home when we don't even have a misfiring superstar striker at the moment as he is barely idling on present form.

Quite possibly yourself seeing as you have taken the time to reply?

I do too though so you're not on your own and I also think it is quite surprising that one of the finest strikers in the PL over the last few years hasn't managed to score a goal from open play at home in over 4 months by the time we play Palace.

No wonder the fans aren't happy with the manager at home when we don't even have a misfiring superstar striker at the moment as he is barely idling on present form.
When a footballer is badly managed it has an impact on his game. Vardy is being hung out to dry by a buffoon who has no idea what kind of a diamond he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts

Latest posts