Pre Match Leicester v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I did watch the game and he stopped alot of passes ment for JJ which to my recollection was playing a blinder, Everton will look to block out the middle of the pitch so width will be key tomorrow night.

Under stays wide Perez does not, so in my view would not work so well, if BR is looking to play the same way I would rest Perez for this one interestingly I thought Albrighton played extremely well and won the ball back in dangerous areas allowing us to counter quickly.
Dusty, ****y, holy flappy Bin.

Dusty, ****y, holy flappy Bin.
I genuinely exclaimed ‘holy flaps!’ Earlier when my partner told me how much she’d spent on first class stamps to send out Christmas cards to people we never hear from. So thanks for adding that to my vocabulary...

After Chelski lost tonight and with LiVARpool playing Spuds tomorrow which has a draw written all over it, its as if the football gods are doing their best to hand Leicester top spot. Over to you Bodgers don't **** it up.

The stats indicate that we are slightly better with a back four. We've played 769 mins with a three and 358 mins with a four so far.

We average 9.25 shots and 1.88 goals per 90 mins with a back three and 13.1 shots and 2.01 goals with a back four.

We also average 11.59 shots and 1.29 goals against with a back three and 11.3 shots and 1.0 goals against with a back four.

The only really significant difference there is that we shoot more often with a back four. There is no real evidence that we defend better with one or other system.

Yet with a back three against Brighton we got exploited in wide areas on a number of occasions.

The totally hopeless shitfest performances against Fulham, Wet Spam and Liverpool were with a back three. Those games were pathetic

The only other League loss we have had was wirh a back four, but it was when we had to play Nacho or Slimani up front

The stats indicate that we are slightly better with a back four. We've played 769 mins with a three and 358 mins with a four so far.

We average 9.25 shots and 1.88 goals per 90 mins with a back three and 13.1 shots and 2.01 goals with a back four.

We also average 11.59 shots and 1.29 goals against with a back three and 11.3 shots and 1.0 goals against with a back four.

The only really significant difference there is that we shoot more often with a back four. There is no real evidence that we defend better with one or other system.
Don’t need stats thanks, I can see it with my own eyes that it only works well against certain opposition.

Man City away, Arsenal away...yes yes yes

Fulham home, West Ham home...no no no

I genuinely exclaimed ‘holy flaps!’ Earlier when my partner told me how much she’d spent on first class stamps to send out Christmas cards to people we never hear from. So thanks for adding that to my vocabulary...
You are welcome. Now, take Joe_Fox's betting system and go make a fortune.

How much of this is down to personal rather than system though? We seem to play 3-4-3 when Ndidi isn't available, and 4-2-3-1 when he is. Mendy has come on tremendously, but he ain't Wilf

Still not used to these weird kick off times. 6pm on a Wednesday!

I'm meant to have physio at 6.30 which is going to wipe out a lot of this game for me. Argh

I'm interviewing someone for a role that might go over past 6.

Absolutely pointless having these staggered times.

I'm starting to warm to the different kick-off times (though late Sunday IS taking a bit of acclimatising tbh) I think I like the variety. Keeps me on my toes as I can't just assume. I have a calendar set up on my phone to remind me, so when I hear its alert I know it's either football, time to take meds or put the rubbish out. What a full and exiting life I lead.

I'm starting to warm to the different kick-off times (though late Sunday IS taking a bit of acclimatising tbh) I think I like the variety. Keeps me on my toes as I can't just assume. I have a calendar set up on my phone to remind me, so when I hear its alert I know it's either football, time to take meds or put the rubbish out. What a full and exiting life I lead.
Didn’t sound like Madders liked the late kick off Sunday
I get that televising all games is a step forward, but staggering kickoffs so it’s possible in theory to watch virtually every game is madness. Is anyone really so football mad that they need to watch Burnley v West Brom AND Southampton v Everton?

Didn’t sound like Madders liked the late kick off Sunday
I get that televising all games is a step forward, but staggering kickoffs so it’s possible in theory to watch virtually every game is madness. Is anyone really so football mad that they need to watch Burnley v West Brom AND Southampton v Everton?

If I don't witness 20 sets of players take the knee before every round of fixtures, I start getting racist tendencies so staggered kick offs are crucial.

I doubt many people want to watch every game, but could there be technical limitations on broadcasting them all at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363