Pre Match Leicester v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford hasn't scored this season. Yet.

What money on Gray scoring for them?
Or Keane
Or DCL to get his first goal this season.
Or Maupay to score his first goal in a millennium.

Many painful options if the ever obliging Leicester City turn up....

Dean Smith said he's not happy with the fixture scheduling that means we now play after our fellow relegation battlers each week until the final game of the season...

Is that an advantage or disadvantage?

On the one hand, it could put added pressure on the players if they know we need to win, or make us complacent if others have slipped up over the weekend, as well as giving us the negative mental impact of potentially spending more time in the bottom 3 but with a game in hand (definitely stressful for us as fans!).

On the flip side... a bit of added pressure if everyone else around us has won might be the kick up the arse this team needs in these final few games to make them realise how bleak the situation is.

I think it makes it stressful as we'll be dropping in/out of the relegation zone more based on others' results, but I think overall it's a good thing - at least we'll know what we need to do.

I
Dean Smith said he's not happy with the fixture scheduling that means we now play after our fellow relegation battlers each week until the final game of the season...

Is that an advantage or disadvantage?

On the one hand, it could put added pressure on the players if they know we need to win, or make us complacent if others have slipped up over the weekend, as well as giving us the negative mental impact of potentially spending more time in the bottom 3 but with a game in hand (definitely stressful for us as fans!).

On the flip side... a bit of added pressure if everyone else around us has won might be the kick up the arse this team needs in these final few games to make them realise how bleak the situation is.

I think it makes it stressful as we'll be dropping in/out of the relegation zone more based on others' results, but I think overall it's a good thing - at least we'll know what we need to do.
when we won the league we always seem to play first and Spuds were playing catch-up, the great escape season I think 8 of the last 9 games were on a Saturday with only Chelsea mid week and that’s the one we lost

How can the players feel extra pressure by having to win? They ought know they've got to win whatever the results in other matches!

Personally, I think it's definitely an advantage to be playing Monday evening.

Remember that WBA game, we drew and everyone and sundry thought we'd blown it.

Trouble playing home games on Monday is less drinking time after the game.

How many times have we said this season, oh they lost, all we need to do is.....

And ended up ****ing it up.

Time for the 3 amigos to do their stuff..

Front 2 of Daka and Vardy.

Height will be key in this match. Much of Everton's game plan and threat will be based on crosses and set pieces. As we saw at Leeds. we're as shite as ever at defending them. Hopefully, they will have spent the last few days working on defending them better.

Kristiansen must also defend his side better. He's been allowing far too much space over recent matches and if Iwobi or McNeil get the beating of him, Dyche will be instructing them to continually exploit him. The problem is that we have no realistic alternative.

I'd bring Ndidi back in to add height and aggression.

Iversen
Castagne Faes Soyuncu Kristiansen
Tielemans Ndidi Soumare
Maddison Vardy Barnes

My genius is in the fact that my insane nonsense often turns out to be astute observation. It just takes the rest of you a while to catch up.
Massive case of self brown nosing going on here. Pack it in.

How can the players feel extra pressure by having to win? They ought know they've got to win whatever the results in other matches!

You'd think. A bit worrying that we've already got our excuses lined up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566