Pre Match Leicester v Everton

Sadly I think we'll lose this one. Everton haven't been that bad from what I've seen, and I don't think we'll be as ruthless as Bournemouth and Villa were against them. One nil Everton with DCL scoring, obviously.

Everton looked good against Bournemouth and Villa, right up to the point that they really didn't. This might be one where the approach we've seen from Cooper works well - the long we can frustrate them, the more nerves will take hold, and even if they do get a goal they won't be able to trust themselves to hold a lead.

They didn't have much going for them last night and it was only against Southampton who are equally shit at the moment

Jamie hopefully to get an early one and then perhaps we can pick them off in the second half.
Fatawa needs to play if old timer Ashley Young is playing as I'm sure he could be effective on the right (Cooperman please note he plays on the right!)

We have the players to make them pay and the defence looked okay, bar VAR intervention and a crap tackle

I dread to imagine how much the knives will be out by those with a certain agenda if we don’t win this one.

Luckily we will. 3-1 to the mighty foxes.

I dread to imagine how much the knives will be out by those with a certain agenda if we don’t win this one.

Luckily we will. 3-1 to the mighty foxes.

I hope your prediction is right.

However, SC is putting pressure on himself. His safety first approach in our last two games means that he has to deliver a win in this game.

If he does, great and his approach is vindicated. If he doesn't, it's fair to begin to ask what the point of him is.

I hope your prediction is right.

However, SC is putting pressure on himself. His safety first approach in our last two games means that he has to deliver a win in this game.

If he does, great and his approach is vindicated. If he doesn't, it's fair to begin to ask what the point of him is.
I do agree with this.

I can understand the safety first approach playing a Top 6 team at home, and for pretty much any away match in the league (and it so almost came off against Palace if it wasn’t for a crazy VAR decision and a ridiculous challenge from Coady).

But not for two thirds of the teams we play at home, including Everton. Thankfully, he is the type to mix it up depending on the opposition, which I rate. I’d hate to be in Southampton’s shoes right now.

If we are all honest we shouldn’t have appointed Cooper to begin with.

I hope he goes on a tremendous run and makes me look stupid, but my feeling is that you just know some appointments aren’t going to work, and this is one of those appointments (please be wrong).

I hope he goes on a tremendous run and makes me look stupid, but my feeling is that you just know some appointments aren’t going to work, and this is one of those appointments (please be wrong).
Who should we have appointed then?

You may end up being right, but christ dude give it a bit of time

How many people on this forum hated the idea of Ranieri? Gut feel is often meaningless.

I think fwiw Cooper was a decent appointment considering where we were with everyone rightly expecting a bollocking and a points deduction.

If we knew about the loophole then, maybe it’s a different story. But we didn’t.

There was a list of people we wanted to appoint. Then there was the list of those that we could appoint.

The stupid thing is, the latter can sometimes provide the best option and I believe Cooper was just that. I just hope we keep him if we get relegated.

You may end up being right, but christ dude give it a bit of time
I am. I haven’t said sack him, I have just expressed my deep feeling that this is one of those that won’t work out. It’s a different thing to uttering words like ‘cooper out’. It’s fine to not be sure.

It’s fine to not be sure.
Oh for sure. But your first sentence seemed very definitive.

Out of interest, where do you think we need to finish in the league for you to think it is an appointment that has worked?

Oh for sure. But your first sentence seemed very definitive.

Out of interest, where do you think we need to finish in the league for you to think it is an appointment that has worked?
It depends on what progress looks like to you. For me, right here right now just staying up. If we had a manager not so negative, I actually think we could do better. There are 8-10 clubs in this league that have a lot of quality. There is a myth around the premier league however that every team is high quality and a massive step up. That’s not true. A lot of this league can be beaten if you show a bit of courage.

Progress cannot just be confined to what we all want out of this year. It will be great to stay in the league, but I don’t think Cooper screams long term growth and development. We don’t really have an identity at present and all he has shown in his premier league career to date is that he can flirt with relegation. You can only get lucky and avoid the drop so many times.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45