Pre Match Leicester v Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham looking a much better outfit overall today

But defensively they’re terrible

72-0 to the Deadly Dusty Bin Boys

That’s what was speculated on air. He looked dazed too.

There were a number of head injuries in today’s game that were handled very very poorly.

Football has a long way to go to sorting that issue out.
I said this on another forum in September, may have posted it here to cannot remember.

In the interests of player safety if a player is forced off due to a concussion or suspected concussion his team should be given a free substitution to use so there is no temptation to keep him on to not use one up, they should bring in the spotters that they have in Rugby that keep a look out for them, if that means extending the subs bench to 11 then so be it.

All of this to be overseen by an independent FA/PL appointed Neurosurgeon at each game

People talking about major changes to the lineup, like dropping Schmeichel, need to get a grip.

It's Rodgers second game. He's not going to come in and drop key players, nor should he. Same goes even for blooding the youth. Maybe when we have 3 or 4 games to play, but not 9. Especially when we aren't completely safe yet!

It will be the same team more or less as today I'd think.

I'd be more concerned if, having made changes for his first game today, he made further big changes for the next game. That would suggest a lack of a plan. You can't assess the changes from one game, particularly when Watford scored so early and it was from a set piece.

You can't assess the changes from one game, particularly when Watford scored so early and it was from a set piece.
- and scored again so late with a defensive blunder. Keep the changes to a minimum and concentrate on the basics

Well, I would suggest that the defensive ineptitude of Morgan also contributed to that goal

He’s bang in the middle of transition from could be somewhere else to should be somewhere else.

He should have kept the changes to a minimum at Watford and kept the winning side from the game before.

After all, that was one of the biggest criticisms of the previous regime in that a winning team would be changed for no reason and with negative consequences.

And now people want us to stick with a losing side?

And pile 3 CBs on against a team destined for relegation.

I know we've not really got anything left to play for this season but it's a bit early to start the silly season.

Back to the usual 4-2-3-1 formation for me so we can see Barnes is his more dangerous position out wide and also allow the full backs to be more dangerous in that they can overlap and link up with the wingers in front of them.

Gray back in for Morgan, jobs a good un and 3 points.

Last edited:
He should have kept the changes to a minimum at Watford and kept the winning side from the game before.

After all, that was one of the biggest criticisms of the previous regime in that a winning team would be changed for no reason and with negative consequences.

And now people want us to stick with a losing side?

And pile 3 CBs on against a team destined for relegation.

I know we've not really got anything left to play for this season but it's a bit early to start the silly season.

Back to the usual 4-2-3-1 formation for me so we can see Barnes is his more dangerous position out wide and also allow the full backs to be more dangerous in that they can overlap and link up with the wingers in front of them.

Gray back in for Morgan, jobs a good un and 3 points.
Next time you mislay your bone, can you not look for it please?

I bloody love how much you are pushing this at the moment.

Yeah expecting us to beat a team at home who are pretty much relegated is just madness isn't it....

What is wrong in saying that if we go back to the system we know I think we will win?

Yeah expecting us to beat a team at home who are pretty much relegated is just madness isn't it....

What is wrong in saying that if we go back to the system we know I think we will win?

We played a system we knew at home to Cardiff too.

We played a system we knew at home to Cardiff too.

Yeah and we did against Brighton too, you know, the game just 4 days before, the one that we won and injected some positivity in to everyone?

I'm not anti Rodgers at all at, far from it in fact but I do not believe the wheel needs to be reinvented here per se.

The wheel before was fine itself, it just needed a bit more power and energy behind it.

I think our best formation, given the players we have, is 4-2-3-1.

Chilwell, Barnes on one side and Pereira, Gray on the other give us real pace and attacking threat.

Commit to Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison as the starting midfield for the rest of the season and drill them on the defensive side of the game and see if they can become a cohesive unit.

Back to a flat back 4 with Maguire and Evans for the next few games and then Soyuncu for the last 5/6 games of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757