Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

For me, one of the most important and exciting games of the season (putting aside our relegation battle). We have had some classic encounters with the scousers in our history with some very memorable performances, goals and results.

There was one year, I think in the 70's where we completed the double over Liverpool and got relegated with them winning the title that same year.

Liverpool are one of those sides where we seem to consistently raise our game to. Tuesday night would be a very good time once again to replicate this.

For their part Liverpool have been poor this season particularly considering they should have won the league last year. This is a good time to play them but we must be positive in our approach and not allow ourselves to be on the back foot.

If we can play high tempo and attack this game is there for the taking.

This could turn around our season.

3-1 to us with Ulloa bagging a brace and Vardy getting his due reward for the tireless work he has put in thus far.

Last edited:
80/81 season,
2 -0 at our place, with "it's not God it's only Andy Peake" scoring a corker
2-1 at their place.

1st team to win at Anfield for a while, 1st team to do the double over them for about 5year, iirc.

We can win this.

Simpson or Moore in for De Laet.

saw both games in 80/81... them were the days.. back to the present lets hope we can find the passion and high tempo of earlier good performances. Maybe Simpson will get his chance in this game, i think Albrighton may also start, hope so because Ulloa is being starved of decent crosses.. feed Leo and he will score. As bad as our situation appears we are only 1 point adrift of our pre season safety target position. We are due a penalty and Leo is overdue a goal. Hoping for both in a 2-1 Foxes win

80/81 season,
2 -0 at our place, with "it's not God it's only Andy Peake" scoring a corker
2-1 at their place.

1st team to win at Anfield for a while, 1st team to do the double over them for about 5year, iirc.
And still we were relegated come the end of the season.

Bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal, bring on Scousers by the score.....

Calm down, calm down. It'll be OK on Tuesday mates.

About as ideal game as we could have at the mo.

We we will be favourites against a team with a very soft underbelly.

This is exactly what the scousers will be saying.

If we wave them through our midfield in the same way we did QPR, they'll have to be some kind of shite to not beat us comfortably.

i think Albrighton may also start, hope so because Ulloa is being starved of decent crosses.. feed Leo and he will score.

It's worth saying that there were two perfectly good crosses onto Ulloa's head in the middle of the area in the first half against QPR. One he mis-directed, the other he was stupidly standing offside and missed completely. I don't think it's quite as simple as giving him service, I think his confidence in front of goal is on the slide.

Because he isn't scoring, Ulloa is doing the old Nugent trick of spending as much time as possible away from the penalty area. It's not a recipe for goals.

Leicester City have lost just one of the last six Barclays Premier League home games against Liverpool (W2 D3 L1).

The Reds have lost four of their last six road trips in the top flight (W2 D0 L4).

Liverpool have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 Premier League away games.

Had this earmarked as 3 points from fixture release day, they are as bad as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669