Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're shit, we're shit, but they have much better players than we do all over the pitch

Let's hope for the dullest 0-0 in living memory, which is probably the best we are going to get

Indeed - and we went behind to an own goal at Anfield before ending Liverpool's 87 game ( I think) unbeaten home run - I remember thinking two things Bloody amazing City performance and secondly - what can it possibly be like to go to 87 consecutive home games and never see your team lose??
Cheers

80/81 season,
2 -0 at our place, with "it's not God it's only Andy Peake" scoring a corker
2-1 at their place.

1st team to win at Anfield for a while, 1st team to do the double over them for about 5year, iirc.

Indeed - and we went behind to an own goal at Anfield before ending Liverpool's 87 game ( I think) unbeaten home run

It was 85 games (not that it matters) and more interestingly, we were bottom of the league then too.

- I remember thinking two things Bloody amazing City performance and secondly - what can it possibly be like to go to 87 consecutive home games and never see your team lose??

I don't think I could be accused of undue pessimism if I said that we are never likely to find out.

Indeed - and we went behind to an own goal at Anfield before ending Liverpool's 87 game ( I think) unbeaten home run - I remember thinking two things Bloody amazing City performance and secondly - what can it possibly be like to go to 87 consecutive home games and never see your team lose??
Cheers
Showing my age here, but I was there. The buses that were supposed to take us back to the station never turned up, so a long walk back for us. Great day out 'tho.

Showing my age here, but I was there.

You've no age to show. My first Anfield trip was to see Gordon Banks's first competitive game as a World Cup winner, almost 15 years earlier.

Best news I have heard for ages - Nugent is not fit. He is not up to the standard of the Premier League. How NP can bring him on instead of anyone to change a game is beyond me. Thanks for everything he did to help us get out of the Championship but time for him to move on now !

Best news I have heard for ages - Nugent is not fit. He is not up to the standard of the Premier League. How NP can bring him on instead of anyone to change a game is beyond me. Thanks for everything he did to help us get out of the Championship but time for him to move on now !

Or alternatively, time for us to move back to the level where he is competitive?

Yeah, move on Nugent, you useless shitter - and take your twenty goals from last year with you

Keeping him happy for next season? I've seen a few people calling for Wood to play instead of Nuge, can anyone explain why?

Why doesn't the bloke with the drum bang it? Only heard him for the first ten minutes against Sunderland. After that, our fans over there never uttered a whimper. If it wasn't for the Roker fans you wouldn't have known it was a football match.

If you sit in stony silence, it's no wonder the team lacks confidence.

I might watch this. My optimistic opinion will see us lose 3-1 and we'll be right in the shite.

feeling confident about this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670