Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing we haven't cocked up so far is our Goal difference. All us fans know it is the last tiny glimmer of hope. Let's see this lot also strip that from us and give in to an avalanche of Liverpool and Newcastle goals

I'd keep Faes well away from the team for this one. He totally lost his head at Anfield - he's a lifelong Liverpool fan - and I just don't trust him.

We need to reinforce the defence and central midfield but we also need to exploit their bizarre and totally ridiculous formation without a right back.

I'd keep Barnes wide left and high up field at all times. He's shite tracking back anyway and it will be an easy out long ball for us.

I don't trust Kristiansen or Thomas against Salah so I think we need to play Ricardo to allow Castagne to move across (even though Castagne has been garbage too recently). Needs must.

I'd keep faith with Tielemans because of his composure in possession. I know it's risky as he's weak as feck going backwards but who isn't?

Iversen
Souttar Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Tielemans Mendy Castagne
Maddison Vardy Barnes

Having said all that, Liverpool have won 6 in a row scoring 17 goals. They are capable of being shite but we're facing them at the worst possible time of the season. I think they'll batter us.

5-4-1 or 4-5-1 is the only way to avoid a right tousing

I’d go five at the back and make sure they ****ing stay there

Mendy must start

5-4-1 or 4-5-1 is the only way to avoid a right tousing

I’d go five at the back and make sure they ****ing stay there

Mendy must start
He won't though. Soumare will be ****ing around like a gormless wanker. Again.

I’m going 3-4-2-1 for this.

That’s 3 for Nunez, 4 for Salah, 2 for Firmino and 1 for any other player. Probably Becker.

He won't though. Soumare will be ****ing around like a gormless wanker. Again.
This bloke is a proven top flight manager though, so for Liverpool we’ll see Ndidi in the middle…. Watching players streak past him on either side and him occasionally bungling towards some **** with top knot and fouling him.

4411 and just counter attack the ****s

Shame Liverpool need the points in the race for 4th.

I was looking at the table with the slightest optimism that they might hand us some points to try and send Everton down...

One of the big mistakes Smith made against Fulham and in other games IMO has been not playing a defensive midfielder. Soumare and Tielemans doesn't work.

For this game I'd go for two defensive mids. Liverpool don't have as much attacking threat through the middle, so I'd be instructing each one to help support a full back when it's on their side, while the other one stays covering the middle.

Iversen
Ricardo, Faes*, Soyuncu, Castagne
Ndidi, Youri, Mendy
Maddison, Vardy, Barnes

It's the only time I'll say go with starting Maddison on the right! But by having two defensive mids then Youri can play slightly further up the pitch to support.

*any chance Evans might be fit?! If so please start him!

Tielemans is at best anonymous and at worst a liability. I don’t think he should play another game for us.

Iversen

Souttar Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Mendy Ndidi Castagne

Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490