Match Thread Leicester v Manchester City - Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Maddison seems to be coming much deeper today to get involved thang I'm used to see in.

Coming short to pick it up as we build, then consistently trying to knock it out to the left wing.

Sit down Pep you ****ing cock

I think Ndidi had been fabulous in that back 3. It is nice to see Amartey being pro active and stepping up higher to intercept when he needs to. He's done okay, you know.

Ricardo is a far, far better right back than Castagne. I wonder what we do with Castagne this year?

Castagne looked brilliant in the first few games last year until his injury.

I don't think he was fully fit for a lot of last season either.

Being able to rotate between Castagne and Ricardo will give us 2 very strong options. And if we don't sign a RW (which I don't think we will now given the CB need) then I think we will also try Ricardo further up again too.

We're playing well. We clearly have three weak links though - Amartey, Perez and Vardy.

Sorry, but Vardy is playing on memory here. It isn't enough for a lone striker in a team aspiring to win things this year. I'd rather he came off the bench and gave us 20-30 mins full on than this every time.
Daka should start the season. I say again, Vardy should no longer be an integral part of the starting 11. A big part of the squad, absolutely. But no more.

Daka should start the season. I say again, Vardy should no longer be an integral part of the starting 11. A big part of the squad, absolutely. But no more.

No chance.

A fit Ricardo back at the levels he was at before his injury is a fantastic player. But I also think Castagne is a very very good player. When he played as right-wing back last season he was excellent. Then we shunted him here there and everywhere. Having two top quality right backs and two top quality left backs when Justin is fit is not exactly a problem.

Castagne on the right of a back three?

Castagne at right back, Ricardo on the wing?

BN conspiracy theory.

I think we planned to sell Ricardo in summer 20 rather than Chilwell. Then Ricardo got injured.

The plan was to replace Ricardo with Castagne. We couldn't get a left back so just signed the replacement for Ricardo anyway.

I hope we do better in the penalty shootout later today than in that other friendly the other week.

Castagne was absolutely ****ing fantastic until his injury.

He was better than Ricardo for the 1st 5 or so games he played.

An on fire Ricardo is unplayable though.

Nice problem to have

Good in fits and starts, but struggled in patches, too - our strength is obviously down the left where Barnes looks the most dangerous player on the pitch - being backed up very well by Bertrand.
The other side couldn’t be more different, with Ricardo playing superbly on his own while Perez farts about doing almost nothing. He’s just wank, and that’s that - but it means our whole approach is totally lopsided.

We need a new CB and a new right sided midfielder.

Badly

And our playing out from the back is nothing short of ****ing awful. A proper press from them would see us being ****ing crucified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669