Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full on Keegan mode.

We're not gonna stop them scoring so we just need to score more than them.

7-5 to us.

Whatever system we play, Barnes should not be part of it. I think Gray deserves a start.

Schmeichel

Justin
Evans
Morgan
Thomas

Ndidi
Choudhury
Perez
Gray

Ihenacho
Vardy

Whatever system we play, Barnes should not be part of it. I think Gray deserves a start.

Schmeichel

Justin
Evans
Morgan
Thomas

Ndidi
Choudhury
Perez
Gray

Ihenacho
Vardy
Listen everyone, whatever you do, don’t play the guy who’s scored and assisted a few goals this season, that’d be madness

Listen everyone, whatever you do, don’t play the guy who’s scored and assisted a few goals this season, that’d be madness
You may be right. But I’m basing my opinion on his recent performances which I think is of more relevance than what he did earlier in the season.

They'll need to beat West Ham by at least five goals then. A 4-0 win for them against Wham and we'll only need to win by two.

This makes no sense to me. I'm slightly hungover, but I don't think that's making the difference here. Why would Man Utd winning by at least five goals make any difference?

Surely if Chelsea lose both their matches, and we draw vs Man Utd, then its Man Utd in 3rd, us in 4th and Chelsea in 5th?

Or are you saying that Man Utd will want the safety net of being 3rd on goal difference, and thus should batter West Ham to feel more comfortable vs us to ensure that

I think id play Hamza... We need a bite of bite and to be tough. Hamza has that.

Kasper

Justin
Morgan
Evans
Thomas

Ndidi
Hamza

Perez
Tielemans
Barnes

Vardy

I'd play this side if we need to win, ready to bring on Nacho after 65 if needed. We need two CDMs imo with Fernandes, Pogba, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial all on shit hot form. Let Man Utd have the ball and counter but of course that won't happen.

If we need to draw, I'd play 4-5-1 and really try to win that midfield battle.

This is going to be a real test of tactics. We've got a good amount of time to work on it. I just hope BR can be flexible and realise that there's more than one way of playing football. Possession means squat if we can't score or defend.

I'm sure the players will be fired up. But we need that fire to continue even if concede. We've done well over 38 games to be challenging for top 4, but I hope the mentality isn't this - i hope it's "we were in the top 4 for so long, we own that place, so go out there and play like your lives' depend on it. This is war."

BR made a good point today - Spurs brought on Bergwijn and Lamela, they'd be in our first team, we brought on Gray and Hirst for comparison. The gulf is there. We need to recruit well and players need to realise that they we have 11 starting positions only so some will be benched. We need a better overall squad.

We're in a really weird place. We're not big enough for any decent players to understand or be content being benched, but we're too big to lower our expectations, have a bit of crap on the bench and be happy finishing mid-lower table.

I think you're probably right.

On Wednesday, if Man Utd beat West Ham by several goals then they just need to avoid getting beaten by us by lots. So, a tame draw would make sense as they're already there. If Man Utd know that they have to beat us, I think that they will. If they only have to avoid a pasting, they'll play it very differently.

We need Chelsea to choke. This is entirely possible. Then a tame final match with Man Utd could be our chance for that one extra point.
Re read it again. In that scenario, we don’t get CL!
Yes we do. If Chelsea lose both games and we draw with Man Utd, we get 4th.
Read it again...

City Fan City Fan I've re-re-read it again and again, and can't see why you asked us to. It's pretty obvious that if Chelsea lose their remaining two games, and we draw our final game, we end up level on points with Chelsea, but with a far superior goal difference, thus finishing fourth. If you actually have something of merit to say, then why not just say it?

City Fan City Fan I've re-re-read it again and again, and can't see why you asked us to. It's pretty obvious that if Chelsea lose their remaining two games, and we draw our final game, we end up level on points with Chelsea, but with a far superior goal difference, thus finishing fourth. If you actually have something of merit to say, then why not just say it?
I was being a grammar twat.

This makes no sense to me. I'm slightly hungover, but I don't think that's making the difference here. Why would Man Utd winning by at least five goals make any difference?

Surely if Chelsea lose both their matches, and we draw vs Man Utd, then its Man Utd in 3rd, us in 4th and Chelsea in 5th?

It's about what Manchester United need to do to finish in the top four, and their approach to their game against us.

I was replying to this:

On Wednesday, if Man Utd beat West Ham by several goals then they just need to avoid getting beaten by us by lots.

If Manchester United beat West Ham by five goals, they'll know they're in the CL, no matter what Chelsea do, as long as they don't lose to us by 3 or more goals
If they're drawing with us they know they don't need to go all out for the win - and that might help us get a draw (or even a narrow win), if Man U know they're still going to finish above us.

Sunday, 4PM.

Biggest game for years.

Top four is still in our hands. What we'll have to do depends on how many Manchester United beat West Ham by on Wednesday.
A draw will be good enough if they lose to West Ham, or if Chelsea lose their last two games,.

Manchester United have looked tired recently, getting some luck (and helpful refereeing decisions) to keep their good run going. Hopefully not playing for a week will give us an advantage.
They won't like Antonio running at them.

Clearly a few on here haven't watched us play since the restart, there isn't a hope In hell we will get anything off Mank U. Keeping the score below 2 is going to be a result for us, I mean we shipped 4 vs Bournemouth and they are shite.
We will start exactly the same as we did v Spuds and even Gollum can figure out how easy it will be to play against us.
Long shots at De Gea and Gray or Vardy up against Maguire but we won't do either of these.

Clearly a few on here haven't watched us play since the restart, there isn't a hope In hell we will get anything off Mank U. Keeping the score below 2 is going to be a result for us, I mean we shipped 4 vs Bournemouth and they are shite.
We will start exactly the same as we did v Spuds and even Gollum can figure out how easy it will be to play against us.
Long shots at De Gea and Gray or Vardy up against Maguire but we won't do either of these.
It all depends on how Wednesday's results go, on how this match pans out.
They may need a win for top 4, and with a few days less rest than our boys.

It all depends on how Wednesday's results go, on how this match pans out.
They may need a win for top 4, and with a few days less rest than our boys.
I really don't think it makes any difference what happens on Wednesday or how much extra rest they have, the 5 subs will sort that out.
We have to rely on Chelskis losing both their games and even then we have to get something out of Man U. Even if WHU beat Man U I still can't see us drawing our final game, its not the players but BR is going to be the problem.

Having seen BR record In Europe it really doesn't matter

Having seen BR record In Europe it really doesn't matter
It’s not as if he’s dragged legendary sides into failure and obscurity. One of them was a feckin pub team. The best manager on earth couldn’t make Celtic look like a legitimate European force.

It’s not as if he’s dragged legendary sides into failure and obscurity. One of them was a feckin pub team. The best manager on earth couldn’t make Celtic look like a legitimate European force.

His record with Liverpool was terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469