Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pretty ****ing annoying that we haven’t got it all sewn up by now. There have been enough points thrown away since the restart to have it not even in question, but at least we’ve got a shot at it and in some ways I’m glad we’ve got to win, as I don’t particularly trust Brendan in his current state of mind to play for a draw.

We need to do whatever we need to do... run at them and try get them sent off... dive, talk about their mothers.... whatever it takes.

So . . .

Chelsea need one point from two games to qualify
Man Utd need one point from one game to qualify
City need to win final game if Chelsea get one more point, or a draw if Chelsea lose both matches.

Simple enough.

Liverpool look like they've done us a favour so far, 3 up and not half time yet.

We have nothing to lose, so hopefully Man Utd will be more nervous. It's a long shot but I'll take it.

So . . .

Chelsea need one point from two games to qualify
Man Utd need one point from one game to qualify
City need to win final game if Chelsea get one more point, or a draw if Chelsea lose both matches.

Simple enough.

Well, with Liverpool leading Chelsea 3-1 at half time. Unless Chelsea make a improbable comeback, the following looks like it will apply on the final day:

Chelsea will need a draw from their final match with Wolves to qualify. Wolves need to win to ensure they finish 6th and guarantee a Europa League place.

Man Utd need a draw to definitely qualify. However, if Chelsea lose to Wolves, Man Utd qualify even if they lose to us.

City need to win to definitely qualify. A draw would be enough only if Chelsea lose to Wolves.

The totally Leicester City thing to happen will be Wolves beat Chelsea and we lose to Man Utd. In fact, it feels so inevitable that I might have to bet on those two things happening.

The totally Leicester City thing to happen will be Wolves beat Chelsea and we lose to Man Utd. In fact, it feels so inevitable that I might have to bet on those two things happening.

7andabit/1

You have my blessing

We'll win and Chelsea will lose their next match, thus we end up finishing third. Faith friends, always keep the faith.

disclaimer: I'm talking out of my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670