Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabrah

I suppose, on the plus side, they don't need a win and would settle for a draw. The down side of that is we're pants at opening up defences. I'm going for 70% possession and a breakaway goal, 0-1. Actually, make it 0-2. They'll get one in injury time after Kasper comes up for a late corner.

And a dog will run across the pitch.

Lako42

This is going to be horrible

M17TT C

Just imagine the scenes with a last minute winner from Evans.

King Power Stadium will be roc............. Ah shit.

Speedy1

What if we beat them on Sunday and they win the Europa League? Doesn't that qualify for a CL place, meaning we'd lose out if we finish 4th? Sorry if this has been raised before.

pork pie fox

What if we beat them on Sunday and they win the Europa League? Doesn't that qualify for a CL place, meaning we'd lose out if we finish 4th? Sorry if this has been raised before.
There would be a 5th space awarded to English teams in that scenario (assuming Man U also finished outside the top 4).

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
There would be a 5th space awarded to English teams in that scenario (assuming Man U also finished outside the top 4).

There is one way we could finish in the top four and not qualify for the CL.

If Chelsea lose on Sunday, and we draw we'll finish fourth. But if Chelsea then win the CL (unlikely - they're 3-0 down going into the away leg at Bayern), and Wolves win the Europa League, they'll both qualify the Champions League. There can only be five English teams in the Champions League next season, so the team finishing fourth would miss out.
Beat Man U on Sunday and that won't be a problem, we'll definitely be in the CL.

pork pie fox

There is one way we could finish in the top four and not qualify for the CL.

If Chelsea lose on Sunday, and we draw we'll finish fourth. But if Chelsea then win the CL (unlikely - they're 3-0 down going into the away leg at Bayern), and Wolves win the Europa League, they'll both qualify the Champions League. There can only be five English teams in the Champions League next season, so the team finishing fourth would miss out.
Beat Man U on Sunday and that won't be a problem, we'll definitely be in the CL.
Yes I know that, but I’m kind of discounting that, given the odds of Chelsea getting past Bayern, let alone going on to win it all.

fitz

Wolves will draw. It's their beef to draw games. We need a win.

Joe_Fox

I don't see Nuno going anywhere - a bit like Brendan really. Wolves and Leicester have decent financial backing and a team on the up (well, we are on the up aren't we? Technically speaking?). I think the charm and pull of the big six might just be waning slightly and the cool and more respected thing to do now is get a team outside of the big six in the same mix. Remember, the big six hasn't been the 'big' thing for that long. Spurs and Man City are the teams who have now joined the 'big' thing, but only for the last ten years or so. Arsenal and Spurs, and to an extent, manure look to be vulnerable to being on the edge of the 'big six' and I would bet that in ten years time, the 'big six' will look quite different, with potentially Wolves and Leicester being in it - maybe it'll become a 'big seven', or shrink to a 'big five'.

mabrah

I do like Nuno and what he's done with Wolves. They're a tight, fierce unit and hard to beat. He's getting the best out of what he's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669