Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it simple. Stick to what we do best. Play people in the positions they’re used to.

Not doing this has been part of the recent problems.

Wilf keeps Pogba quiet
Tielemans same on Fernandes
Thomas on Greenwood
Albrighton on Martial
Our back 3 take care of Rashford and long balls
That leaves JV, Perez and Harvey to tear Harry and co a new one
Job done

**** me it’s simple, we must play to win the game. This is a shit Man U team that if we play to our strengths, we can beat.

play coy and we lose. Shit or bust.

Wilf keeps Pogba quiet
Tielemans same on Fernandes
Thomas on Greenwood
Albrighton on Martial
Our back 3 take care of Rashford and long balls
That leaves JV, Perez and Harvey to tear Harry and co a new one
Job done

You do know you are deluded don't you?

The only bet anyone should be considering here is "A penalty to be awarded"

Got to be free money hasn't it?

Only 2 books offering it atm: Bet365 (2.75) & Boylesports (3.10)

Obviously the Boyle's one is best price but only useful if you're opening a new account as winning one bet with those ****s is enough to get you restricted.

If you want a teeny bit more risk then either team to score from the spot is 3.5 at Betfair SB & Paddy Power

Utd to score from a penalty is 7.0 at Bet365 & Vbet or 5.5 at Betfair & Paddy (the same firms make us 8.0 & 6.5 to score from one)

We can play 7 of the 11 that will be remembered as our strongest team this season.

We can play them in the positions that worked best. So we should. 4-1-4-1.

We then include the best options available for the other four positions and ensure nobody is out of their natural position.

We must play three in midfield as controlling this area will decide the match and we cannot afford to be outnumbered.

Schmeichel, Justin, Morgan, Evans, Thomas, Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans, Perez, Vardy, Barnes

We then must play high tempo football moving the ball quickly and commit to it. If we fail this way, so be it. But don't fail by over complicating it or being scared.

It's obvious what the right thing to do is. I can also guarantee that BR will not do this.

We can play 7 of the 11 that will be remembered as our strongest team this season.

We then include the best options available for the other four positions and ensure nobody is out of their natural position.

We must play three in midfield as controlling this area will decide the match and we cannot afford to be outnumbered.

Schmeichel, Justin, Morgan, Evans, Thomas, Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans, Perez, Vardy, Barnes

We then must play high tempo football moving the ball quickly and commit to it. If we fail this way, so be it. But don't fail by over complicating it or being scared.

It's obvious what the right thing to do is. I can also guarantee that BR will not do this.
Exactly this.

Exactly what I’ve been saying for a while now.

I've watched both full manager pre-match press conferences and OGS seems very much more focused and determined to win the match. When asked about the future he said he just wanted to focus on this one match and then talk about the season as a whole etc.

BR seemed driven to win, but said something along the lines of "i told the player's I'm very proud of them no matter the result of the match." Just seemed a tad "we've done well this season no matter what so go out there and try your best but if not it's ok."

I think going into a match like this should be more fire. More like we belong in the top 4 after being there so long. Man Utd seem to have that sense of almost entitlement and i think they'll win because of it.

Harry Worley as CM. Problem solved. No need for any formation discussion.

I've watched both full manager pre-match press conferences and OGS seems very much more focused and determined to win the match. When asked about the future he said he just wanted to focus on this one match and then talk about the season as a whole etc.

BR seemed driven to win, but said something along the lines of "i told the player's I'm very proud of them no matter the result of the match." Just seemed a tad "we've done well this season no matter what so go out there and try your best but if not it's ok."

I think going into a match like this should be more fire. More like we belong in the top 4 after being there so long. Man Utd seem to have that sense of almost entitlement and i think they'll win because of it.
Relieving tension in a young team, a number of which know they are not first choice is probably a good idea. All the pressure is on Utd, and them being nervous and us relaxed may well be our only chance.

I've watched both full manager pre-match press conferences and OGS seems very much more focused and determined to win the match. When asked about the future he said he just wanted to focus on this one match and then talk about the season as a whole etc. BR seemed driven to win, but said something along the lines of "i told the player's I'm very proud of them no matter the result of the match." Just seemed a tad "we've done well this season no matter what so go out there and try your best but if not it's ok."
saw a snippet of both managers on the bbc news yesterday. OGS sounded determined like - 'we'll be going to win at Leicester because thats who we are' but BR was so downbeat and said things like 'being in the CL is so much more important for certain teams' ( not exact quote) e.g. not Leicester - if that's the sort of message he has given to the players, I've got even less hope than I had before

saw a snippet of both managers on the bbc news yesterday. OGS sounded determined like - 'we'll be going to win at Leicester because thats who we are' but BR was so downbeat and said things like 'being in the CL is so much more important for certain teams' ( not exact quote) e.g. not Leicester - if that's the sort of message he has given to the players, I've got even less hope than I had before
He’s as inspiring as a wet flannel.

As I’ve said many times before, he has a loser mentality.

**** me, I genuinely didn't think he'd be this drab.

I have no faith that we will win but if anyone was doing the normal football fan thing of getting their hopes up, then surely this guy killed it.

He’s as inspiring as a wet flannel.

As I’ve said many times before, he has a loser mentality.
Rodgers??

Admittedly he can be pretty dull in front of the camera but I'd like to think it is just his style as some managers will be very protective of the squad to the media but that doesn't mean they will be the same behind closed doors.

Keep the pressure off the players from the media but I'm pretty certain he won't have been telling them in training were only Leicester, 5th is great.

They should be playing the Champion’s league music in the dressing room before they come out. What better incentive? (Apart from the fact that they are paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to WIN football matches).

it's quite possible that behind the scenes he's saying a different thing. But if he will indeed say "no matter the result I'm proud of you" BEFORE the match then there's a big problem with this. After the match is fine. But before the match should be "this is war. We must go out and win. But play smartly. But we have to win this so every challenge, every interception, every run needs to be with as much effort as possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669