Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financially speaking, is this the biggest game in our history?

Financially speaking, is this the biggest game in our history?

I guess we made more coming up from the Championship. And the match that guaranteed that promotion was worth more. But we knew there were more chances.

With this match, we have our last chance. So it may well be the most valuable.

Mind you, can you put a price on Chelsea and Tottenham drawing 2-2 on May 2nd, 2016? I don't think so. Sentimentally priceless and I'm pretty sure made us more money due to us becoming fairytale legends. Then again, there we also had more chances.

Wibble

Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Oliver Langford.
Replacement official: Robert Merchant.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup.

Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Oliver Langford.
Replacement official: Robert Merchant.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup.

Interesting. Atkinson used to be decent but he seems to have evolved into a lazy, robotic ref over the last couple of years.

Could be worse definitely but he's liable to fall for Man Utd diving and the VAR won't overturn him as he's less experienced.

Another thing riding on this match is prize money for finishing position.

Finishing 4th is worth £3.2m more than finishing 5th. It's the same differential to 3rd.

£6.4m on it then.

Interesting. Atkinson used to be decent but he seems to have evolved into a lazy, robotic ref over the last couple of years.

Could be worse definitely but he's liable to fall for Man Utd diving and the VAR won't overturn him as he's less experienced.
Martin Atkinson was the ref at their place.
To me he looked intimidated by the place.

Hopefully, he will see the error in his ways, and do us a favour [or 3]

[Surprised he's been chosen, really]

Is that Man Utd, Us or Chelsea?

It would be Man. Utd.

He's just the sort of manager they should have got and I bet they really want. Organised, gets the best from his players, plays some attractive football at times, has a pretty good record in Europe not only with Wolves, he was Porto's coach when Leicester played them in the CL.

Also imagine the possiblities for his agent to cash in by getting his hands on United's money.

Oh, the oracle has spoken, 1-2 win to Utd. according to Lawro.

Martin Atkinson was the ref at their place.
To me he looked intimidated by the place.

Hopefully, he will see the error in his ways, and do us a favour [or 3]

[Surprised he's been chosen, really]

I just had a look to see what his record is at the KP.

I'll just say this. The last time he refereed a match at the KP that we won, it wasn't called the KP. January 2008!!! A 2-0 against Coventry. Here's the team:

Alnwick, Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Mattock, Bori, Oakley, Clemence, Laczko, Hume, Howard

His last game at the KP was our 1-3 defeat to Palace where he sent Ndidi off.

Suffice to say that he's overseen many, many, many Man Utd wins home and away in that time.

I just had a look to see what his record is at the KP.

I'll just say this. The last time he refereed a match at the KP that we won, it wasn't called the KP. January 2008!!! A 2-0 against Coventry. Here's the team:

Alnwick, Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Mattock, Bori, Oakley, Clemence, Laczko, Hume, Howard

His last game at the KP was our 1-3 defeat to Palace where he sent Ndidi off.

Suffice to say that he's overseen many, many, many Man Utd wins home and away in that time.
0-3 I believe.

For context you could say how many matches Atkinson has refereed at our place up to 2008. And also what his away record with us has been. And include a comparison to standard win ratios between us and Man Utd.

Probably better than trying to suggest he’s favourable to Man Utd.

If Albrighton is fit, I’d keep the 3-4-3
Put JJ in place for Bennett and Mark at right mid

If Albrighton is fit, I’d keep the 3-4-3
Put JJ in place for Bennett and Mark at right mid
A young, inexperienced at premier league, left/right back at CB in the biggest match in a long time vs an in-form Man Utd team in a stadium with no crowd and with us having been on a dismal run over the last few months and bereft of confidence? No thanks

A young, inexperienced at premier league, left/right back at CB in the biggest match in a long time vs an in-form Man Utd team in a stadium with no crowd and with us having been on a dismal run over the last few months and bereft of confidence? No thanks
Yeah better go with the former Grimsby and Peterborough man who looked like he was wearing someone else’s legs in his last game

The interesting thing about this is that Chelsea play and their result matters. If their result didn't matter then we'd know we have nothing to lose, can go absolutely gung-ho as only a win would do.

But with the way things stand, going gung-ho and being caught out might be tactically naive especially if Chelsea end up losing vs wolves. Even then, Chelsea won't give up if they are.

I suspect half time - 55 minutes will give us the best understanding of where we stand. If Chelsea are up by 2 or 3, we know what we have to do. I guess going for the win is necessary but in a way where we don't leave ourselves too exposed at the back.

What do you suggest then, Oracle?

Yeah better go with the former Grimsby and Peterborough man who looked like he was wearing someone else’s legs in his last game
No, better to go 4 at the back.

And don't play that bullshit "former Grismby and Peterborough" crap.

How about a former Luton man who just last season was playing vs Gillingham in the league who has made 12 Premier League experiences.

At least Bennett has played 6 out of the last 9 seasons in the Premier League making 111 league appearances. And last match he wasn't great but in his other appearances for us he's done just fine.

Justin has done well considering, but he's had good and bad too. I'd rather have an actual CB playing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669