Pre Match Leicester v Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely hope you're right. I have little confidence in us picking up more than maybe 4 points in the last 9, and probably less.
This is exactly how I felt in 2016. Couldn’t see Spurs dropping a single point after they hammered Stoke(maybe?) the day after our 2-2 against West Ham

WHU are our biggest threat they are very capable of winning all their remaining fixtures, especially since they are getting injured players back. Chelsea have a more difficult run in.
3 points against Newcastle is a must and probably another 3 points from our remaining fixtures preferably against Chelsea

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Ndidi Tielemans
Ricardo Maddison Albrighton
Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Thomas, Mendy, Under, Vardy, Praet, Perez, Fofana

Vardy cannot play five matches in sixteen days. I'd leave him on the bench for this one and the PL game at Chelsea.

Thomas isn't doing it so needs to come out. I cannot see the sense in playing either Castagne or Ricardo there as they're no good on the left. So - why not recall Fuchs for a swansong?

If all goes well, the ideal changes would be Fofana for Evans, Praet for Tielemans and Perez for Maddison.
Ihenacho has always looked his best as a lone frontman.

WHU are our biggest threat they are very capable of winning all their remaining fixtures, especially since they are getting injured players back. Chelsea have a more difficult run in.
3 points against Newcastle is a must and probably another 3 points from our remaining fixtures preferably against Chelsea
Are they ****, West Ham will not win every single one of their remaining games.
They are not gods.

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Ndidi Tielemans
Ricardo Maddison Albrighton
Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Thomas, Mendy, Under, Vardy, Praet, Perez, Fofana

Vardy cannot play five matches in sixteen days. I'd leave him on the bench for this one and the PL game at Chelsea.

Thomas isn't doing it so needs to come out. I cannot see the sense in playing either Castagne or Ricardo there as they're no good on the left. So - why not recall Fuchs for a swansong?

If all goes well, the ideal changes would be Fofana for Evans, Praet for Tielemans and Perez for Maddison.

Iheanacho has been on form because he's playing with another striker.

I understand your point on Vardy, but we've seen time and time again that Nacho plays better when he has someone playing close to him.

So if you're going to rest Vardy, you have to at least play Perez

I'd rather try Vardy

To be fair to Iheanacho he started his run in the team and scoring as a lone striker. Though it's clearly not his natural game, If we had to play him on his own now I would be a little more confident now than 3 months ago.

Are they ****, West Ham will not win every single one of their remaining games.
They are not gods.

Not gods, no, but a decent side and one that is capable, IMHO, of winning their remaining matches. They have a comparatively easy run in (Everton, Brighton, WBA, Southampton) Both Everton and WBA are arguably battles of the shithousers were anything can happen. I reckon we need favours.

Sorry to be negative, and I wish I could brim with optimism as I obviously don't want us to fade away (again), but I sadly don't see it in our performances. I've given up on 3rd as it is - Chelsea are fired up and unless they lose focus due to the CL final, then I see them taking it. I reckon we're scraping for 4th.

Lose v Newcastle and there'll be those saying it's game over.

No chance we'll beat these.

They will bore us into submission and it will be more wasted opportunity.

Maddison to look like a Sunday league player again.

Not gods, no, but a decent side and one that is capable, IMHO, of winning their remaining matches. They have a comparatively easy run in (Everton, Brighton, WBA, Southampton) Both Everton and WBA are arguably battles of the shithousers were anything can happen. I reckon we need favours.

Sorry to be negative, and I wish I could brim with optimism as I obviously don't want us to fade away (again), but I sadly don't see it in our performances. I've given up on 3rd as it is - Chelsea are fired up and unless they lose focus due to the CL final, then I see them taking it. I reckon we're scraping for 4th.

Lose v Newcastle and there'll be those saying it's game over.
If we beat Newcastle we will be on 66 points and if WHU beat Everton then they will be on 61 points, I can see WHU winning their remaining 3 fixtures, we need Everton to do us a favour and we also need 3 points from our remaining 3 games to be sure of a top 4 finish

Such an important match - such a scant pre-match thread?

This truly is must win.

If we don't win this we may as well give up and focus on the Cup final.

But if we win, us playing first puts pressure on the chasing pack. Going first this weekend seems like a good advantage.

Have to win though. Hopefully it works in our favour that Newcastle need points too

Head-to-head

• Leicester have won eight of the past 10 Premier League meetings.
  • Newcastle are aiming for a 50th league win against Leicester. Only Manchester United, Arsenal, West Ham and Birmingham have won more often against the Foxes.
Leicester City

• Leicester are already guaranteed to finish on their second-highest Premier League points total, behind the 81 points that won them the title in 2015-16.
  • The Foxes have lost seven home league matches this season. Only Everton and the three teams currently in the relegation zone have fared worse.
  • Their only win in the past 11 Premier League fixtures played on a Friday was the record 9-0 victory at Southampton last season.
  • They have been awarded an unrivalled 10 penalties in the league this season, but all of those were before the turn of the year. The Foxes are one of three clubs, along with Newcastle and Leeds, not to have been awarded a Premier League penalty in 2021.
Newcastle United

• Newcastle have lost all six Premier League fixtures this season against the teams currently in the top four of the table.
  • They have taken four points from their past two away matches, as many as they had in their previous 10 attempts.
  • Steve Bruce's side have scored a league-low 33% of their goals in the first half of games this season. The Magpies have only been ahead at half-time in four Premier League matches this term.
  • Callum Wilson is the only player to score more than four Premier League goals for Newcastle this season. All 10 of his goals have been scored in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363