Pre Match Leicester v Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sorted a ticket for this - we really should win but they are on the up recently so wouldn't be surprised to see a loss.

Wellens has to start for me too if fit - yes Bamba was decent when he came on but he is not the answer but a good alternative if nothing else.

When's the Florest fan going to appear and remind us how much money we've spent this season and how much the Florest fans are not bothered about us, etc
Have some respect, he's still mourning.

Stringer has just tweeted to say that we're not going to appeal against the red card and that Andy King will return to the squad.

So what you are saying is that we are appealing against the red card and Andy King is still weeks away from a return.

Wellens as well for me. Not the time to be experimenting.

Precisely. I also think he is a very good player that doesn't get the credit he deserves at times but now is not the time to open that can of worms and he'll probably score a couple of own goals tomorrow now I've said that!!

Still, definitely needs to start ahead of Bamba if fit.

Last edited:
Wellens out tomorrow according to the moan in

From Pearson on the OS:

"Richie won't be available for tomorrow, but he's got a chance for Saturday. Kingy will be involved at some stage this week, so someone is missing but somebody else comes back."He (King) will be in the squad but, in terms of him playing competitive football, he hasn't had a lot of opportunities. The important thing is that he's available."If King is not deemed ready to start, Pearson could turn to defender Sol Bamba to fill in against Forest - the Ivory Coast international having done so impressively towards the end of Saturday's victory over Hull."We don't have a great deal of numbers in midfield, but I thought Sol did well on Saturday when he went on," Pearson added."But the important thing is that we keep the spirit because some of our play was very good."

So no Wellens, no Danns, King probably only fit for the bench.... think it has to be Bamba?

Or, Schlupp comes in, Marshall plays in the middle, Schlupp or Nugent out wide?

Last edited:
Florist aren't safe yet, let's stuff 'em and knock them back, and us upwards. As usual, it's a must win for us. We can play 4-4-2 against them too.

Both Konchesky and Nugent looked totally knackered on Saturday and this may be the match to leave one or both of them out.

Schmeichel

Peltier St. Ledger Morgan Konchesky

Marshall Bamba Drinkwater Dyer

Beckford Schlupp

Subs: King, Howard, Hopper, Nugent, Kennedy

I've just had a proper look at the table and upcoming fixtures and feck me, we're seriously still in this. If we win tonight and Boro don't, there will be 4 points separating 4th to 10th in the table. If we were chasing only 6th place, it would be a seriously outside bet, but we're not. There are still 3 play off places up for grabs. And only Brum have a goal difference that's significantly better than ours. It's not even beyond the realms of possibility that we could be above Boro by Saturday night.

How is this possible when we've been shite most of the season?

Probably because all the top teams are having wobbles. Reading and Southampton are the only two teams that seem to win regularly recently.

Forest scored 7 lets not forget in their last match. I hope we had someone at Leeds to see how they achieved that.

According to a few Forest supporting mates, they reckon they're stuggling to get 1,000 for this even though they've been allocated 1,400 tickets. On there forums there's all the usual 'why would we want to go to Leicester? They don't mean anything to us.' 'We don't care about Leicester' dick-waving, but at the end of the day if you can't be bothered to travel 25 miles down the road to see your team play, even if it is against a team you 'don't care about', what's the point?

Probably because all the top teams are having wobbles. Reading and Southampton are the only two teams that seem to win regularly recently.

Forest scored 7 lets not forget in their last match. I hope we had someone at Leeds to see how they achieved that.

No they didn't, in their last match they scored a 94th minute equaliser, at home, against 10 men.

Leeds was a big fluke for them.

I don't want to get my hopes up for this but we've looked good at home recently and Forest are bloody awful. It's obviously not ideal having Wellens and Danns both out but at least that allows Bamba to be a maverick in midfield rather than at the back.

Aside from that we should be alright. In Beckford and Nugent we have a strike force looking every bit the two players we know they can be together, while Marshall is showing more and more of what we have come to expect. As for Dyer, there is something about Pearson that just seems to get the best out of him.

Reality check: "Bloody awful" Nottingham Forest are third in the current form table (last 8 results) only behind Southampton and Reading. Hopefully we'll be alright but there is no reason to expect them to be pushovers.

The form table makes interesting reading. We are currently 8th, and apart from the top two the only team above us, that is also above us in the full table, is Brighton.

According to a few Forest supporting mates, they reckon they're stuggling to get 1,000 for this even though they've been allocated 1,400 tickets. On there forums there's all the usual 'why would we want to go to Leicester? They don't mean anything to us.' 'We don't care about Leicester' dick-waving, but at the end of the day if you can't be bothered to travel 25 miles down the road to see your team play, even if it is against a team you 'don't care about', what's the point?

Sad state of affairs if you can't get a decent away following to a match that is just down the road and isn't being televised. One thing that I've always been proud of as a City fan is our away support.

It beggars belief really. Regardless of whether or not we're considered a 'fierce rival' of theirs, theres a ****ing league match within reasonable driving distance of their City. Absolutely shameful showing.

It's a crap excuse.

Leeds and West Ham would bring far more than Forest on a weeknight, very poor from the supposed famous club.

We don't care too much for Peterborough yet we'll take plenty on Saturday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670