Match Thread Leicester v Notts County

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 trialists, 8 development squad players and a senior pro in Iheanacho.

Iheanacho looks the worst of the lot of 'em. By a long way.

2 trialists, 8 development squad players and a senior pro in Iheanacho.

Iheanacho looks the worst of the lot of 'em. By a long way.
I’ve never known a player whose best and worst performances are so far apart.

Just turned it on on only to immediately see us concede from a set piece.

Hahahahaha.

I mean surely there has to be coaching changes at some point. This is ridiculous.

Played some nice football, scored a lovely goal. Conceded two soft set pieces. A wee bit familiar.

A completely free header in the centre of the six yard box.

You’ve got to hand it to us, the way we’ve rolled out a philosophy across all our teams and age groups is incredible.

A completely free header in the centre of the six yard box.

You’ve got to hand it to us, the way we’ve rolled out a philosophy across all our teams and age groups is incredible.
Not usually one to worry about any preseason performances but to concede 2 set pieces right out of the gate after the problems last season is….a little concerning.

Not usually one to worry about any preseason performances but to concede 2 set pieces right out of the gate after the problems last season is….a little concerning.
To be fair, hardly any of those players will ever play a first team game for us and they probably haven’t done any homework on the opposition because it’s just a kickabout.

It’s funny because it’s more of the same but it probably hasn’t got anything to do with poor preparation and coaching like what we saw from the first team last season.

It was also quite amusing how we completely wasted a few corners and free kicks at the end, I don’t think the ball ever made it into the box.

To be fair, hardly any of those players will ever play a first team game for us and they probably haven’t done any homework on the opposition because it’s just a kickabout.

It’s funny because it’s more of the same but it probably hasn’t got anything to do with poor preparation and coaching like what we saw from the first team last season.

It was also quite amusing how we completely wasted a few corners and free kicks at the end, I don’t think the ball ever made it into the box.
I suppose my view on set pieces, at both ends, is that they are systemic failures.

Yeah because by ‘shakeup’ you completely meant ‘reconnect with our culture’. How to tell us there is no money without using those words.

Yeah because by ‘shakeup’ you completely meant ‘reconnect with our culture’. How to tell us there is no money without using those words.

Or, there's still nearly a month until the season starts and we are probably in the market for 2 or 3 players....

Or, there's still nearly a month until the season starts and we are probably in the market for 2 or 3 players....

We'll also be wanting to get rid of a few where there seems to be limited interest (Youri, Soyuncu) and loaning out some dead wood. We'd be daft to commit more money when we've got players taking up space.

I'm really pleased to hear that from him. The problems of the last 18 months or so have been largely due to a lack of fitness in the players. To play BRs style properly, we have to be very fit and put a lot of energy into our performances. They are doing a proper pre-season for the first time since 2019. Going to Evian next week is exactly what they did that summer and it was highly effective.

I don't want us signing players at this stage either. We have far too many of them already. The only players we should be signing are ones that get into the first team ahead of our best players here now.

In my view, this is our strongest 11: Schmeichel, Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison, Vardy, Barnes.

If we can't improve on that, don't. The last signing that was any good was Fofana two years ago. If we can't do any better, just get this group really fit and have a strong bench and let the rest go out permanently or on loan.

Yes, BR spoke emotively back in January and who can blame him? I interpreted it like most did. I was expecting it to be very busy summer. But if we can't sell players and we don't have a Head of Recruitment in place, then we can't do much. What we absolutely shouldn't be doing is trying to force things to happen for the sake of it.

We have a long list of players out of contract next year. That's the time for a major squad rebuild. That will give Glover a year to be prepared too. This is a summer to hold our nerve and believe in what we have and promote some of the young players.

Half of the team are freeloaders and not up to scratch. They need to be shipped out. 3 wasters going and one quality signing is better than bollocks sound bites. I’m guessing that on day one of the new season we still won’t be able to handle a corner or set piece.

I'm really pleased to hear that from him. The problems of the last 18 months or so have been largely due to a lack of fitness in the players. To play BRs style properly, we have to be very fit and put a lot of energy into our performances. They are doing a proper pre-season for the first time since 2019. Going to Evian next week is exactly what they did that summer and it was highly effective.

I don't want us signing players at this stage either. We have far too many of them already. The only players we should be signing are ones that get into the first team ahead of our best players here now.

In my view, this is our strongest 11: Schmeichel, Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, Tielemans, Dewsbury-Hall, Maddison, Vardy, Barnes.

If we can't improve on that, don't. The last signing that was any good was Fofana two years ago. If we can't do any better, just get this group really fit and have a strong bench and let the rest go out permanently or on loan.

Yes, BR spoke emotively back in January and who can blame him? I interpreted it like most did. I was expecting it to be very busy summer. But if we can't sell players and we don't have a Head of Recruitment in place, then we can't do much. What we absolutely shouldn't be doing is trying to force things to happen for the sake of it.

We have a long list of players out of contract next year. That's the time for a major squad rebuild. That will give Glover a year to be prepared too. This is a summer to hold our nerve and believe in what we have and promote some of the young players.
I had a look on FT and they’re losing their shit that we’ve not signed several ballers with 80+ ratings on FUT.

Who to believe?!

I had a look on FT and they’re losing their shit that we’ve not signed several ballers with 80+ ratings on FUT.

Who to believe?!
Did you make a soup pun there? You're ****ing dead to us if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757