Match Thread Leicester v Notts County

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a look on FT and they’re losing their shit that we’ve not signed several ballers with 80+ ratings on FUT.

Who to believe?!
They're even linking every signing Forest are making as though we should be jealous... I mean feck me

They're even linking every signing Forest are making as though we should be jealous... I mean feck me
Yeah that made me laugh. It’s just that Twitter thing of the acquisition of players being the only metric to measure a club’s size and quality.

I don’t think a player is ever as good to these fans as when they’re about to sign. Having said that they all seemed pretty miffed that were not keeping Lookman, which I think is great news.

Half of the team are freeloaders and not up to scratch. They need to be shipped out. 3 wasters going and one quality signing is better than bollocks sound bites. I’m guessing that on day one of the new season we still won’t be able to handle a corner or set piece.

The fact we can't shift Tielemans shows how difficult shifting the rest will be. I'd rather we didn't spunk away money this summer and just sort in jan or next summer. Could be a nightmare if we stock up on more shit.

A fully fit squad is more than capable of doing well this season, if we can address the corner /set piece situation it's better than a new signing.
I'd give Ricardo a go on the right wing with Castagne behind him.

There is no way that Vardy or Evans will play a full season

In which case we are royally ****ed unless we ****ing buy someone - especially a striker

A fully fit squad is more than capable of doing well this season, if we can address the corner /set piece situation it's better than a new signing.
I'd give Ricardo a go on the right wing with Castagne behind him.
Castagne is a better defender than Ricardo so that makes sense I guess but the real Ricardo was so good in that wing back position that, if we can find him again, it's a no brainer to start him in that position.

There is no way that Vardy or Evans will play a full season

In which case we are royally ****ed unless we ****ing buy someone - especially a striker
Yeah. I don't think we need to buy a load of dross but I do think we need one decent forward. Nacho and Daka won't cut the mustard if we need a long term cover for Vardy.

Castagne is a better defender than Ricardo so that makes sense I guess but the real Ricardo was so good in that wing back position that, if we can find him again, it's a no brainer to start him in that position.
Yes I agree with you on that, ideally we would sign a good right winger but if we have no funds then I think Ricardo is our best option, Maddison is best in the no10 role and putting him out wide weakness the team.

Last edited:
Almost certain a striker isn’t even on the list of targets.

Vardy, Nacho, Daka, Barnes in a fix, possibly even Hirst.

Yeah.... that went well last season. Without Vardy we looked completely and utterly hopeless up front. And we were.

Word on the street says that we're actively trying to sell Iheanacho. BR says Barnes is not, and will never be, a striker. Hirst will almost certainly leave permanently for a L1 side.

Even if that all happens, I still don't think we'll add a striker. Daka trusted as back up to Vardy and there will be many fewer matches this season. They'll also both get six weeks off when the WC comes around.

BR usually tries to copy Pep from one or two years earlier so he's probably aiming towards going striker free.

The fact we can't shift Tielemans shows how difficult shifting the rest will be. I'd rather we didn't spunk away money this summer and just sort in jan or next summer. Could be a nightmare if we stock up on more shit.
If this is a genuine fear within our club then we are in real trouble. The manager, scouts, recruitment team should all be replaced if we won’t make a signing because it might be a bad one.

I agree that moving a load of shit on may be difficult.

If this is a genuine fear within our club then we are in real trouble. The manager, scouts, recruitment team should all be replaced if we won’t make a signing because it might be a bad one.

I agree that moving a load of shit on may be difficult.
Every club makes bad signings. We've made as many as anyone and they've made as many as us. The fact is, we need to move players on before we can buy and that's as simple as it gets. Currently, we have players that we are finding it difficult to shift because, contractually, they're on a better deal here than they would be elsewhere. This happens everywhere but it isn't a problem for richer clubs who can mutually cancel contracts at a massive loss or subsidise salaries for loans; we aren't in a position to do that.

Our squad is perfectly capable of doing an excellent job next season. Yes, I worry that without Vardy, we will be left toothless up front again like we were last season and so I think we need to buy a forward but what we don't need are signings that won't improve our first eleven (or our backup striker options).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363