Match Thread Leicester v Sevilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same team that got thrashed by Arsenal, or is it a stronger line up?

Just trying to gauge how shit we really are

Played well a few times. Can't be said of Cags.

Soyuncu held the defence together for the first three months of the season. He played just about every minute of every game with a load of garbage all around him. He was well below his best but we'd have been in real trouble without him on loads of occasions.

Amartey is a bombscare defender and always has been. He had a few games last season where he genuinely did well but a mistake is always imminent and his positioning is atrocious.

Amartey has never been of sufficient quality for the Premier League and he never will be. Soyuncu has proved that he can be.

Amartey wasn’t much better than awful, if at all, last season.
Except that's not true really. Yes, he had some awful games but he had quite a few decent ones. Soyuncu was absolutely shit almost every time he played. There's a reason Rodgers stopped putting any faith in him.

Amartey has never been of sufficient quality for the Premier League and he never will be. Soyuncu has proved that he can be.
I agree about Amartey. Soyuncu has shown he can play very well at this level but he can't pick and choose when. He was shite last year and we needed him to be better.

Amartey is a bombscare defender and always has been. He had a few games last season where he genuinely did well but a mistake is always imminent and his positioning is atrocious.

Amartey is a bombscare as is Soyuncu. We know that one is capable of being a more than capable defender at this level but I don't recall him doing it at all last season.

Glad we scored against that ‘keeper, looks a right ****.

Any talk of letting Castagne leave because we have depth at full back should be put to bed. We’ll be lucky to get more than 20 matches out of Ricardo. He is, sadly, quite injury prone.

Other observations:
Iverson looks very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. That won’t do him any favours with Rodgers.

Fofana should not be sold at any price at all. He has a chance to be the best central defender in world football.

Vards looks sharp.

Castagone is not a winger, and RW, as we all know, needs to be a priority.

Barnes looked on it prior to the injury. An injury I did NOT like the look of. In fact both injuries looked pretty worrying.

Unless there are injuries I’m not aware of it appears Perez and Hamza have been told to leave.

Also…I really like Daka. Looks much more involved now he’s had some time to settle.

Praet, too, he looks sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670