Match Thread Leicester v Sevilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re assuming he has one. Vardy is pure lizard brain, particularly on a football pitch.

He’ll be fine Assuming his legs haven’t gone.
Vardy lost a couple of sprints against defenders today, worrying if he was trying but was he trying? I'd guess he was saving himself for a real game, he doesn't have to show he's on it in preseason to get a starting place.

Any talk of letting Castagne leave because we have depth at full back should be put to bed. We’ll be lucky to get more than 20 matches out of Ricardo. He is, sadly, quite injury prone.
Gutted for him/us but I think this is the reality now for Ricky P.

Hmmm.

Trying to be positive about the upcoming season and I do think we have some exceptional players but it won’t be long before we’re regularly starting the likes of Amartey and Thomas at the back in Prem games.

Of the performances I've seen in this preseason, I've been impressed with the form of Fofana, Barnes and Maddison. A few are doing fine but concerns about plenty too.

One thing that is really clear is that we've done absolutely nothing new in our offensive or defensive set pieces through all these matches.

Interestingly, RL reporting that we have recruited a new set piece coach from overseas but he's been unable to join the club in preseason due to visa issues. Amazing if true.

Alongside the shambles of having no Head of Recruitment until the window is closed and our total mess in the transfer market, heads should roll.

20/21 - Praet was your hate figure of choice
21/22 - Soumare was your hate figure of choice

With them both in the side, you're going to need to prioritise your venom.
Nope. I criticise whoever has been shit for too long. Both of these and others fall into that category.

It's a bit like you and Lookman.

Perez and Choudhury were both unwell hence not included in the squad.

Fofana has minor groin issue but nothing to worry about. Barnes fine too.

Hammond ankle had nothing to do with an injury to the lower joint in his leg

I'm aware of that. I'm suggesting it might not be the same craic here as he's ill unless we have the bare bones available. Or he eats bats.

Vardy lost a couple of sprints against defenders today, worrying if he was trying but was he trying? I'd guess he was saving himself for a real game, he doesn't have to show he's on it in preseason to get a starting place.
If he was running around like crazy, some would have criticised him for putting in too much energy and risking injury a week before the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363