Match Thread Leicester v Sheffield Wednesday. PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that doesn’t scream that we need some quality I don’t know what will. Really quite shite.
You do realise that you have just watched a pre-season friendly don't you?

You do realise that you have just watched a pre-season friendly don't you?
I do. I think the premise is you use them to prepare for competition football. It was a weird out of body experience where the guy we panned for much of last season was the only one who looked like they had anything about them.

I thought we did OK first half Albrighton combining well with Vardy. Barnes was absent without leave first 45 mins. Wholesale changes second half ensured the game fizzled out into a fairly scrappy affair. As a fitness exercise it hit the spot as its not intended to be a visual spectacle I won't get too downbeat about the performance.

We didn’t learn anything from the game other than what we already know

It is purely about fitness at this stage. Results and performances are not the priority.

I'm sure that when The Championship starts we will be as good as any other team in the division.

We bumble along with a team in desperate need of an uplift, and struggle to a poor draw against Sheffield Weds

Meanwhile Ziyech with a beautiful ball over for Werner to put Chelsea up after four minutes of their game against Brighton

We are falling so far behind it’s untrue...

We bumble along with a team in desperate need of an uplift, and struggle to a poor draw against Sheffield Weds

Meanwhile Ziyech with a beautiful ball over for Werner to put Chelsea up after four minutes of their game against Brighton

I completely agree. As things stand we could be about to have a really (possibly really) bad season.:100:

I remember Akinbiyi, recently signed, smacked in a 25 yard screamer in a preseason friendly and I was very excited.

I fell for the same trap when Musa ripped through Barcelona’s backline.

preseason results and performances are largely irrelevant.

that said, we do look really lacking in a number of key departments: it’s very realistic that our back four against West Brom will be:

Justin
Soyuncu
Benkovic/Johnson
Thomas

That back four is at best inexperienced and at worst fodder.

Yeah. If only we were a London club and had £250 million to spend too.

I’d settle for us spending one tenth of that right now

Unless it was on Danny sodding Rose, obviously, because that would be ****ing ludicrous

I completely agree. As things stand we could be about to have a really (possibly really) bad season.:100:

Last pre-season we drew with Rotherham, and beat Scunthorpe and Cheltenham by a single goal. Not exactly spectacular stuff. 4 months later we are second in the table to Liverpool with a goal difference of +21. Pre-season results are not necessarily a good indicator of future performance.

I remember Akinbiyi, recently signed, smacked in a 25 yard screamer in a preseason friendly and I was very excited.

I fell for the same trap when Musa ripped through Barcelona’s backline.

preseason results and performances are largely irrelevant.

that said, we do look really lacking in a number of key departments: it’s very realistic that our back four against West Brom will be:

Justin
Soyuncu
Benkovic/Johnson
Thomas

That back four is at best inexperienced and at worst fodder.
I’d agree, but where we currently are is the team that looked shit for half a season... only we have sold a quality player.

Too much negativity (coming from one of the most negative old twats around). We have a number of exceptional young players. We need to be patient. The signings will come. Sit tight.

Right now we are the same squad that shit the bed for the second half of last season, minus a first choice player. Yes there are 2 weeks to the start of the season, and longer till the transfer ends. But to put a positive spin on the way things are now is ridiculous.

Too much negativity (coming from one of the most negative old twats around). We have a number of exceptional young players. We need to be patient. The signings will come. Sit tight.

I don’t think that it is particularly negative to say that we need to take some drastic steps to address our obvious weaknesses and give ourselves the best chance at having a good season.

It’s also not like the observations being made are unsupported by fact. The last half a season has been exceptionally bad. These problems haven’t crept up on us. The problems have been prevalent for half a season. It’s okay to voice concern. This is after all the place to express views. I also tend to find that positive thought will only take you so far. At some stage there has to be some action.

Now I am not saying that action may not be happening. I don’t doubt signings are going to be made. I do however hope that they will be made soon because a few damaging results to start off the season could be hard to recover from. As you rightly say, we are a young squad. Young players are often ill equipped to deal with knocks to the confidence because they don’t have the experience to draw from to weather the storm.

Starting as we want to go on is vitally important. I had hoped that would be by putting all the pieces together before the season started, rather than putting the puzzle together as we go. We will have enough on our plate without that.

But yeah, it’s going to be just fine :058:

Forgot to add there is the very obvious fact that we ended last season badly and it was not that long ago at all. There could be many younger members of the squad still carrying that around. Some might use that as a motivator, but some will need a good strong start to build that confidence again. Anyway, that’s my two pence. It’s okay to think where we currently are is shit. I won’t judge if we suddenly improve our situation in the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363