Match Thread Leicester v Southampton (league cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most exciting stuff is Fuchs' throw ins

It's complete bob

20:21
Post update

Leicester 0-0 Southampton

cad367d8-1233-4559-aabf-c0cba224ff38.jpg

Michael Appleton

Ex-Leicester City assistant manager on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra

"It is a little testimonial pace at the moment and the atmosphere is a little low which is understandable given the events of the last month here. We need a goal."

It’s got ****-all to do with the events of the last month and everything to do with our approach and style of play

Silva genuinely looks like he plays for a pub team

And not a very good pub team

I can remember why I don't listen to Stringer, talking absolute shit.

2 shots, 0 on target.

Puel has succeeded in his transition plan. We have transitioned into a boring as **** team with no intensiteee, no qualiteee, and no possibiliteee.

We’ve won 3 out of our last 13 home games in the league, having played just two of the “big six” in that time.

He has to go.

Good grief

I'd kick them both out of the competition right now, and not let them come out for the second half

Truly appalling in every way

It’s sad to see this kind of attitude towards the only thing we could conceivably win this season.

I think it’s ****ing shameful actually.

I've said it before and will again. Silva is not a footballer. At all. Ever. The rest of them can't be bothered.

I've just scratched my arse. Will update if there are any further developments.
Let us know if there is a move for the Ovex. I need something to keep me engaged for the next 45 minutes. Even Masterchef is shit this week.

It’s sad to see this kind of attitude towards the only thing we could conceivably win this season.

I think it’s ****ing shameful actually.

My thoughts exactly.

Making it to a cup final this season would be iconic and meaningful.

Unfortunately the signs aren't good, we have a great many 1st team players on the pitch which suggests we just aren't very good.

We have some very negative footballers in this side, and I include Wilf in that who seems ****ing petrified to cross the halfway line in any meaningful way.

Boring

how can you expect players who haven't had a look in all season suddenly be expected to turn it on? Either have to rotate occasionally to give some of these players more game time, or stick to the first choice team (if CP actually knows what his is). we all know that prem league is always priority these days but FFS this is a cup, a trophy, a place in Europe and we should treat it as such. These are not bad players, but most of them probably know that no matter how well they play they will be dropped back to the bench (or not even on it) for the next game so it is no surprise that they lack intensity etc.

My thoughts exactly.

Making it to a cup final this season would be iconic and meaningful.

Unfortunately the signs aren't good, we have a great many 1st team players on the pitch which suggests we just aren't very good.

We have some very negative footballers in this side, and I include Wilf in that who seems ****ing petrified to cross the halfway line in any meaningful way.

Boring
That is sad. I hope we aren’t ruining Wilf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566