Match Thread Leicester v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Cg0EtKDW0AAGEo5.jpg:large

Surprised to see our best crosser dropped when Ulloa is playing upfront.

i thought Albrighton would be key if Ulloa played but 100% trust in CR, Jeff more of a scoring threat but his crosses inconsistent

Not sure about Schlupp for Albrighton tbh.

Albrighton may not have been his best recently but this would have been a great chance for him with some crosses & Leo getting a start.

Also our record without Albrighton isn't great and the nerves are really kicking in for me now I'm about to set off.

Schlupp will get to the byline which will stretch them more, you'd think. Albrighton cuts inside and crosses from deeper, which Mahrez will do from the other side. I think this line up makes our attack less predictable against a side whose recent defensive record away from home is appalling.

That pitch looks amazing. We have wonderful groundstaff (and yes, I know I'm being tad boring).

It's a risk for sure. Our record without Albrighton is dire and I always feel he gives the side such a great balance, protecting the defence and shutting out opposition counter-attacks and dropping back allowing Mahrez to go join the attack from the other flank.

Schlupp isn't as good as Albrighton defensively and doesn't allow the same support to Kante and Drinkwater when Mahrez goes forward, but he does offer pace. And I assume that's the reason he's in given Vardy's absense.

It's a risk for sure, but Claudio's done enough to earn my trust this season.

Makes sense to me. Was always one of his options.

Personally would have dropped Shinji for Schlupp, but I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

Schlupp is better than Albrighton defensively, not worse.

Makes sense to me. Was always one of his options.

Personally would have dropped Shinji for Schlupp, but I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

Schlupp is better than Albrighton defensively, not worse.

I disagree, not when playing as a winger anyway. Albrighton is one of our most intelligent defensive players, excellent positionally and shuts out opposition counter-attacks all the time.

Schlupp may make more sliding challenges, but he has nowhere near the positional awareness of Albrighton.

A point today will officially rule Man City and Arsenal out of the title race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669