Pre Match Leicester v Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a fiver on us to win and Liverpool and Chelsea to lose. It's in me waters.....

Our home record this season against the sides immediately below us . . .

6th West Ham - Lost
7th Spurs - ?
8th Everton - Lost
9th Arsenal - Lost
10th Leeds - Lost
11th Villa - Lost

Our home record this season against the sides immediately below us . . .

6th West Ham - Lost
7th Spurs - ?
8th Everton - Lost
9th Arsenal - Lost
10th Leeds - Lost
11th Villa - Lost

Great. I was already thinking this morning that with our home form this season, it's a nightmare to come down to a must win final home game.

Obviously this one is a very different prospect with a crowd at the KP at last. But it needs to make a huge difference.

I don't even see us winning, let alone other results going our way

We're also due a penalty.

Bizarrely, we scored 7 penalties in our first 8 PL matches this season. Since then, we've only scored one penalty in the next 29 matches, including none in the last 23.

This has also partly accounted for the drying up of Vardy's scoring. He scored 6 of the 8 penalties we've had. No penalties in 23 matches means no cheap goals for Vardy.

All told, Vardy scored 13 goals in his first 16 games this season and has only 2 in 26 since.

Nice complimentary article by Martin Keown in the Daily Wail this morning.

By MARTIN KEOWN FOR THE DAILY MAIL

Last season, Leicester City spent 325 of 353 possible days inside the Premier League’s top four, only to finish fifth.
This season, they have spent 242 of 253 days in those Champions League places, and now they find themselves in fifth again heading into Sunday's home game with Tottenham.

Depending on this final round of fixtures, Leicester might miss out on making it into the Champions League all over again.

Leicester and Brendan Rodgers will fight all the way until the end of the season for the top-four

Yet even if that happens, it still deserves to go down as a successful season for manager Brendan Rodgers and the club. They will be disappointed, but they should still be proud.

Winning the FA Cup last Saturday at Wembley against Chelsea will forever link this group of players. They have made memories together that will never leave them.

When I was a player I’d take a trophy like the FA Cup all day long - as long as we were competing in and around the top four.

Even if Leicester miss out, it is still a successful season for them after this month's FA Cup glory

That outstanding late save by Kasper Schmeichel to deny Mason Mount in last week’s final will go down as a defining moment - as important as the goal by Youri Tielemans.

This was a great day for Leicester and their owners. They have already achieved something great as they head into this final fixture against Spurs, still in with a chance of securing Champions League football if results go their way.

The last time a club not considered one of the Big Six finished inside the Premier League’s top four was in 2016, when Leicester won the title.

It isn’t easy to achieve. Clubs like Leicester aren’t expected to be competing like this. And yet here they are, forcing Chelsea and Liverpool into a final-day showdown.

Winning the FA Cup at Wembley against Chelsea will forever link Leicester's group of players

Those two traditional ‘big’ clubs know they need to win on Sunday to secure top-four finishes and that’s because of Leicester.

Rodgers described the Foxes as the ‘people’s club’ ahead of their FA Cup final. He said every supporter can live in hope that their own club could ‘do a Leicester’.

That’s exactly what they represent. I’m not sure you will find many neutrals who wanted VAR to let Chelsea’s late equaliser at Wembley Stadium stand.

Now Leicester have won the FA Cup for the first time in their 137-year history. They have got a shiny new trophy to place next to their Premier League one and now they face Tottenham on Sunday as firm favourites to end the season with a win.

Leicester go into their final day showdown with Tottenham as favourites and will need a victory

I'd classify this as a category A game, with the Champions League on the line for Leicester and a slim hope of Europa League qualification for Tottenham. It is the furthest thing from a final-day dead rubber.

Chelsea travel to face an Aston Villa side who have England pair Tyrone Mings and Jack Grealish back. Liverpool host Crystal Palace with Roy Hodgson looking to end his time in charge of the Eagles on a high against one of his former clubs.

Every team’s tactics will be geared up to win. Fans will be back at the King Power Stadium and if a goal is conceded by Chelsea or Liverpool, they will be wired in and ready to let the team know.

But Leicester’s players shouldn’t let pressure overwhelm them. Of course it would be gutting for them to not see it over the line, after spending so long inside the top four. It was gutting last season when they missed out.

Rodgers and his squad deserve credit for their progress and should still hold their heads high

But Leicester deserve applauding for what they’re doing. They are the underdogs.

Chelsea are in this year’s Champions League final. Liverpool won that competition two years ago, beating Tottenham.

These are teams who have taken Europe by storm in recent seasons.

But ‘little’ Leicester have taken this race to the wire and who knows? They might yet finish fourth. Even if they don’t, they can still hold their heads up high.

Just been on thefightingcock. They think we are going to batter them.

Just been on thefightingcock. They think we are going to batter them.

I really hope we win emphatically.

It's important to end on a positive imo.

I can't believe the overwhelming sense of despair on their website. They really think we will batter them.

Have the club sent out the digital tickets to anyone?

I'm assuming it will be by email which is fine - however, currently my phone is fecked so if it's a text or something I've got a problem.

I'm assuming it will be by email which is fine - however, currently my phone is fecked so if it's a text or something I've got a problem.

They were attached to your original confirmation email

Make sure you do your questionnaire as well

Ours were received by email last Friday 14th about 15 minutes after we purchased. Complete the health questionnaire otherwise your ticket won't be activated. Don't forget to take photo id with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757