Pre Match Leicester v West Bromwich Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.

camberwell fox

Well, here's the second home game in a row under the lights against the baggies.

They had a good win at the weekend which puts them on 32 points and almost certainly safe - barring a disastrous dip in form. A bit of a free hit for them therefore - which makes them dangerous.

We need to tweak our tactics and be in a position where we can change our style when a team we are playing parks the bus as Norwich did very effectively. If we are being honest a win flattered us against the Canaries and we really struggled to cope with their two (close) banks of defense and midfield which didn't allow us to puta ball over the top to Vardy. A tactic surely other teams will copy in the coming weeks.

I also believe the fortnight off didn't help us in all aspects as we struggled to get into our stride.

Our record against the Baggies:

Overall
Games won: 35
Games drawn: 22
Games lost: 50

Last 10
Games won: 3
Games drawn: 1
Games lost: 6

Meh again.

The current table:
CropperCapture[154].png

We are the only team of the top 5 to play on Tuesday so another win will put a bit more pressure on positions 2-4, these are their fixtures on Wednesday:

CropperCapture[155].png
Arsenal should beat Swansea particularly after their defeat at Ot (tee hee hee). I fancy West Ham to get something at home in the derby game v Spurs and it is certainly conceivable that Liverpool will be out for revenge v Man City after today's loss to City in the League Cup.

Another three points please before we hit the road in our next away game v Watford that is televised.

Come on Citeh!

Okazaki does a lot of 'unselfish' work and creates space for others.

He also works his bollocks off week-in, week-out and he is the best foil we have for Vardy.

He is the best controller of a moving ball I have seen bar Mahrez.

He holds the ball up well and lays off great sideways passes with his back to goal.

Yes, let's drop him.

West Brom played well for 45 minutes then nearly gave the game back to Palace. Depends which team turns up, have a go, or park the bus and hit us on the break They still need points, my guess is 'park the bus' and rely on Berenhio. (if that's how it is spelt). Still think it's ours to lose, the fortnights break out of the way so we should be sharper. Howard Riley and Mike Stringfellow for us.

I hope WBA do feel safe from the drop, maybe that could make them more adventurous/open. Looks like Kante will miss this one , King is the likely replacement although with Simpson back we may move Amartey into midfield.
They are sluggish at the back and our pace should cause problems id like to see Shlupp given more playing time as he could be vital for the team in forthcoming games An early goal to settle the nerves and we can win this game easily ,im going 0-3 Okazaki Vardy 2

I hope WBA do feel safe from the drop, maybe that could make them more adventurous/open. Looks like Kante will miss this one , King is the likely replacement although with Simpson back we may move Amartey into midfield.
They are sluggish at the back and our pace should cause problems id like to see Shlupp given more playing time as he could be vital for the team in forthcoming games An early goal to settle the nerves and we can win this game easily ,im going 0-3 Okazaki Vardy 2
We're at home.

Kante definitely out? Think we'll still get by though. 2-1. Vardy and Albrighton with the goals both in the second half! COYB!

I like Shinji. No, I LOVE Shinji.

But I'd still like to see Ulloa start this one.

I like Shinji and I think he offers a lot to the team. I just think we have a better balance with Albrighton on the right. He crosses first-time and doesn't always cut back. And when Schlupp came on yesterday he was very effective. I also think we get more out of Mahrez when he is in the centre.

Ulloa and Shinji have both played big roles this season. But we have a very strong squad and I would just opt for other players in this game.

I don't see what is so "****ing wow" about that.

I think we all agree that Simpson should return, no?

I like Shinji and I think he offers a lot to the team. I just think we have a better balance with Albrighton on the right. He crosses first-time and doesn't always cut back. And when Schlupp came on yesterday he was very effective. I also think we get more out of Mahrez when he is in the centre.

Ulloa and Shinji have both played big roles this season. But we have a very strong squad and I would just opt for other players in this game.

I don't see what is so "****ing wow" about that.

I think we all agree that Simpson should return, no?
There are occasions where we get more out of Mahrez in the centre, but in general he's been most effective when working out wide. In some of the games earlier in the season, where he started in the middle, he was closed down easily and benefitted from moving back out wide to have the space to get at people. I can't remember if it was Watford or Palace, where this was most evident, but we had to move Schlupp into the middle to get Mahreaz back out wide.

It's worth remembering the things that worked against WBA earlier in the season. Two goals there from Mahrez coming in from the right for example. One (or both?) goals were from Albrighton crossing over from the left.

We also started with Ulloa to combat the aerial threat and I think we'll do the same tomorrow night.

Simpson for Amartey goes without saying. If Kante is unavailable, I'd prefer Inler to King personally. I don't know what Inler has done wrong to not be third choice in the midfield. He looked much more effective than King in the cup matches they played together. I know he's part of the furniture and everything, but does anyone remember the last time that King played well?

Albion will play a 4-5-1 formation for most of the game so the midfield battle will be key.

Inler looked much improved in the cup games against Spurs. Maybe he plans to move at the end of the season and that is why King is preferred as third choice? Personally I think we should start with the tried and trusted and see how that pans out for a bit. For me, Mahrez is better out wide, people tend to like to mark him closely which stretches the pitch for us and can create a bit of space for the forward players to run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669