Pre Match Leicester v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for a 3-0 win here. Mahrez to start the game with a bang and the wheels to come off after the Hammers cup exit.
I've got lots of reasons for thinking we'll have too much for them, but all of our strengths are well documented these days. We've got everything Man Utd used to beat them at home on Wednesday (pace, composure, strong centre backs, hard working wide players) but we've got more of it. And there'll be 30000 Foxes chomping at the bit for the win.
We've come too far to let it slip now.

Come on you Foxes. Let's have it!

I'm really nervous about this one . I think this will be a hardest game of the last 5 . If we do nick it even I will start to believe a little bit .

I'm really nervous about this one . I think this will be a hardest game of the last 5 . If we do nick it even I will start to believe a little bit .

Does appear to be the toughest. But we've done well against the better sides while dropping points against the likes of Villa, Liverpool and Bournemouth.

I think that we have two other fixtures which (on paper) look more difficult.

At the moment the players' confidence is understandably very high - the concern must be how this might be affected by a disappointing result.

Again (on paper) we should win this. On grass, it could be more tricky.

I think that we have two other fixtures which (on paper) look more difficult.

At the moment the players' confidence is understandably very high - the concern must be how this might be affected by a disappointing result.

Again (on paper) we should win this. On grass, it could be more tricky.
Particularly if its the smoking kind.

Getting excited and carried away when we've got a tough game this weekend...

BUT...

Am I right in thinking that if we win this weekend and Spurs drop points (even draw), we could win the league next Sunday? crazy to think it could be that close...!

I hope we're not in a position to win the league next weekend thogh because I'm not sure I'll have finished the London Marathon in time!

We're bound to slip up sooner or later surely? Even Lawro has predicted us to win so that's the kiss of death on it.

We know West Ham are an excellent side. Hopeful Kante will have Payet in his pocket, that battle will have a big say on how this might pan out. Also need to keep an eye on Andy Carroll from wide set pieces. Set pieces will be the big danger for us tomorrow. They need the points as much as we do so you'd expect them to attack for the win and that should help our forwards.

Also we play before Spurs again so it's another chance to set them the task and play mind games with them a bit. They are pretty irked about how the fixture list has us mostly playing before them so that's a small advantage we have. Hopefully that and all their bitching about Leicester based referees will hopefully fire us up :)

Last edited:
West Ham were poor in the week. Unfortunately this is not a true reflection of their capabilities. The are a very good side. In Payet and Lanzini they have real talent. In Kouyate, Carroll and Antonio they have real athleticism. They will be seriously fired up and I can't see them not hurting us. We cannot carry this run on forever. 3-1 to the Hammers

But if they lost this weekend?
Realised a draw they could still do it on goal difference

If we win the next two and they lose one of them, we'll have done it. So yes if win and they lose Monday, a win next week will do it.

Crap night, couldn't sleep. Tossing (no, not that) and turning all night. Really really nervy about this.

Early goal and Payett and Carroll to be stretchered off after a clash of heads please.

Crap night, couldn't sleep. Tossing (no, not that) and turning all night. Really really nervy about this.

West Ham won at Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool and drew at Man Utd and Chelsea. Their only defeat against one of last years top six away was at Spurs. Even then, Bilic worked Spurs out better than any other manager when he set them up for a 1-0 win at Upton Park a few weeks back.

Much depends on how seriously Bilic takes today's game. If they're really up for it today, it will be a very tough match. If they are on a bit of a downer following the Cup defeat and failing to see off Arsenal, it could be a good time to play them. After all, they've not won a match in over a month.

Ultimately, it's very difficult to imagine us winning today and then not going on to win the league. Alternatively, a defeat or even a draw would let Spurs sniff a sign an opportunity to chase us down. It's a defining game.

For everyone going, it's all about making a lot of positive noise. Heads on, voices at the ready. Let's fecking have it.

Absolutely beyond all madness that I feel nervous. A couple of months back I was ecstatic at the thought of top four. Now I will actually be destroyed if we don't win the league. Nervous about this game? Too ****ing right I am, with no right to be so! But still I must go for a win. Not to buck the trend - 1-0 to the stunningly amazing beautiful boys in blue. COYB!!!

No nervous noises today folks.

Also lets not collectively groan every time a pass is misplaced or a tackle missed like the fans did at Sunderland.

Loud and positive, for once in football we owe the boys the very best unconditional backing.

This feels horrible. All week I've been thinking we'll win, match day comes around and I'm absolutely convinced we'll lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669