Match Thread Leicester v Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing hell Sky, I’m not mad about what qualifies as a handball either but let it go. It’s was a penalty. At least it’ll give you something to talk to your precious Nuno about later.

It’s been poor, but wolves have simply come to frustrate. I think we’ve looked quite incisive and threatening. In previous seasons, we’d be clueless how to break teams like this down.

City's record in the PL this season.

Game 1 - 2 pens
Game 2 - 0 pens
Game 3 - 3 pens
Game 4 - 0 pens
Game 5 - 0 pens
Game 6 - 0 pens
Game 7 - 1 pen
Game 8 - 2 pens (so far)

Averaging one per game.

We’ve been in control, but far, far too cautious

Vardy is completely isolated up front, because Maddison is playing most of the game behind the rest of the midfield. As a result it’s a desperately dull stalemate
Don’t worry Homey, we’ll have some wingers on to tear them a new one soon.

They’re a desperately dull team but we’ve done a good job so far, we’ve seen Brenda struggle in games like this before. Should be 2-0 though.

Worried the saved penalty gives them a way back into it after half time.

I think we will need a second.

This is a really poor spectacle.

Wolves haven’t had a shot yet, and our only two shots on target were penalties.

But we’re comfortable and neither team look like scoring from open play, so long may it continue.
This isn’t surprising though surely? Both games last season finished 0-0. We really struggle to create any chances against them. They are one of the best drilled defensive teams out there.
We need to watch out second half though.. is Traore on the bench?! We will undoubtedly tire due to Thursdays game

Worried the saved penalty gives them a way back into it after half time.

I think we will need a second.
If they’d shown any signs of life whatsoever I’d be with you. As soon as they come out we’ll have chances, they really ain’t all that.

You know what to expect from Portuguese Pulis. No surprises. Hopefully we get the next goal quickly.

Surely we need to kill this game with some actual intent. Wolves look pretty poor tbh.

We should at least have Barnes on to link with Vardy.

oh for the record, I agree that under the laws the first was a penalty I just don't think that should be the law

what did he say Homer? I missed the HT discussion

All the other ****s wittering on about he was just running so his hand was out

Roy says, yes he was, but it’s still a penalty

Thick twats

Second half will be a tale of substitutes. Will Barnes and Under outperform Traore and will we tire from Thursday. When it becomes a basketball game Wolves can be dangerous.

I think we've merited a 2-0 lead... but merit got sod all to do with scorelines. My stream is from NBC and the commentator jinxed Vardy's 2nd penalty with the remark that we've yet to miss a penalty this season. As soon as he said that, I knew it wasn't going in.

I thought we've been brilliant in patches, the midfield patches. Some really slick passing but nothing that's yet opened them up. Wolves, on the other hand, have been taking too long on the ball but have managed to look dangerous on occasions.

Whilst they play like they are, they remain a threat and I'll feel a lot happier if we get a 2nd.

All the other ****s wittering on about he was just running so his hand was out

Roy says, yes he was, but it’s still a penalty

Thick twats
yeah under the current laws its a pen, but the law is an ass

Looks like we are playing to conserve energy, and have a few more gears if we need them.

Penalty was a bit harsh on them but hey, the legit one was saved so it's evened itself out already. Thomas has been a but of a liability but otherwise we've played some good stuff and looked fairly comfortable in defence. You feel if Wolves are gonna get something from this it's going to have to be from a set piece...

oh for the record, I agree that under the laws the first was a penalty I just don't think that should be the law

Yes the rule, and the current interpretation of it, is absolutely ****ing ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566